Junior Season Cards 50% increase

strongbowholic said:
Goater666 said:
I promise you now it will not get anywhere near oversubscribed.

You might be surprised. I appreciate this may sound patronising, but I genuinely don't mean it that way, but I reckon you might be surprised. I feel an increase like this is going to affect parents quite significantly. Are the club really willing to gamble on the next generation fo fans potentially being priced out?

As I said earlier, it's not the fact it has increased, it is the size of the increase in one hit that parents are going to find difficult to fund. I'm going to find it difficult to justify such a spend given how my family's budget is under enormous pressure from everyday essentials such as petrol etc rising and rising. I will do it, as I've already posted, but I'm currently in fortunate positon; not everyone else is.

Something else to consider of course is what the club are doing/ planning for the stewarding, toilets, food and entertainments in the family stand?

They are making the whole stadium more attractive for longer visits and perhaps the offering for the family stand will mean kids actually want to be there.

All in all I think the image of the matchday experience will change significantly over the coming seasons.

Traditionalists are likely to be bothered by all of that as long as the prices remain competitive in the round, which I believe they will be.

quite agree that the junior increase in the east stand is frankly immoral,
i hope the club see and do something about this. its not as if they have no time to restructure this.
its as if they are trying to force all juniors into the new family stand.

tonea2003 said:
i hope the club see and do something about this. its not as if they have no time to restructure this.

95 to 140 immoral? That's a bit OTT, at £7.36 per match it's still a real bargain.

My season tickets as a kid at Maine Road were more expensive than they are at COMS today and that was when people earned less, im not sure how people can complain about the prices!

The only thing that at times annoys me with the tickets, is that long term season ticket holders and any season ticket holder for that matter, receives no more perks than other card holders. Nor are we included in free shirt/cheap ticket type promotions as we have already stumped up the cash and commitment and don't need to be coaxed into the ground!

strongbowholic said:
You might be surprised. I appreciate this may sound patronising, but I genuinely don't mean it that way, but I reckon you might be surprised. I feel an increase like this is going to affect parents quite significantly. Are the club really willing to gamble on the next generation fo fans potentially being priced out?

As I said earlier, it's not the fact it has increased, it is the size of the increase in one hit that parents are going to find difficult to fund. I'm going to find it difficult to justify such a spend given how my family's budget is under enormous pressure from everyday essentials such as petrol etc rising and rising. I will do it, as I've already posted, but I'm currently in fortunate positon; not everyone else is.

I don't want to come across as patronising either but the cost of the new child ticket (the £140 ones) only works out at about £8 per match, that's still bloody good value.

I see what your saying fbloke. My match going kids are 9 & 7. In all fairness, the 9 year old won't give a toss about what's going on in the NS as he is solely interested in watching the game only. My 7 year old though would probably be buzzing over what they have to offer no doubt.

I just hope it all works out. There are always going to be complaints whenever there is change of any scale, but I still stand by my point over the size of the increase rather than the fact the prices are increasing.

Mind you given that the £190 originally quoted is actually £140 I believe from having read things a bit more, I've actually saved £100! ;-)<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:09 pm --<br /><br />
Goater666 said:
strongbowholic said:

I don't want to come across as patronising either but the cost of the new child ticket (the £140 ones) only works out at about £8 per match, that's still bloody good value.

You don't mate!

I've been posting under the misunderstanding it was going up to £190, not £140. Whilst £140 is still a jump, it's not £190 so should be a little easier to beg, steal or borrow. And like I said in my previous post, as it's not £190, I've actually saved £100 in the process strengthening my argument against her indoors!

Relocating is a bummer but we really can't be complaining about £140 season ticket prices. They are perfectly reasonable. And if you want the £95 option it is still available in the Family stand.

lancs blue said:
tonea2003 said:

95 to 140 immoral? That's a bit OTT, at £7.36 per match it's still a real bargain.

It's £95 to £190 (x2) for me in CB2. So based on last year's cost, I'm effectively buying another 2 junior seats without taking another 2 bodies!! I'm afraid they've priced me out and off to the NS we must go - which is what they want. Bastards.

Danny Hoekman said:
lancs blue said:

It's £95 to £190 (x2) for me in CB2. So based on last year's cost, I'm effectively buying another 2 junior seats without taking another 2 bodies!! I'm afraid they've priced me out and off to the NS we must go - which is what they want. Bastards.

its cool in the north stand, i moved their when i started taking my son. Not as rowdy as the ss but if you want the cheap deal then you have to make a sacrifice somewhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.