just back, and believe we have appointed a clown

Status
Not open for further replies.
True_Blue69 said:
TonyM said:
I agree 100% that we are a shambles and that Mancini has proven nothing. I have very little confidence in the man. If we sell Ireland I will be livid. I really think he's a shit manager and could destroy our club.

But... I think it's unfair to judge yet. We have to give him time. Ireland and Bellamy are still here. We have signed great players. His preseason was ruined by blooding too many kids (which was admirable on one hand), the World Cup and now a ridiculous Intl Friendly. I want to be optimistic. It's hard when there are so many holes and it seems like chaos.

I really really hope that results aside we start playing some watchable football. Last season was dire.

So you have got no confidence, think hes shit and is going to ruin our club - but its too early to make a judgment on? Sounds like youve made youre mind up to me mate.

I said I "think". Maybe to be more clear I should have said I "worry".

But I have not yet decided. I do not know. It's to early to judge.

I don't want to be unfair to the guy but I see all this confidence in him all over the place and I wonder why. He play shit football and we are not going into the new season as a well oiled unit. I just don't understand where people see the positives. We have new players which is great but I guess I want more than just signings. I want evidence that we are going to play good football. Maybe today we'll some decent footie.

Tony, last season Spurs looked shit for ages, then they ended up finishing 4th. I'd rather play shit now and get it all out of the system, than to go into the real season and do so!

TonyM said:
True_Blue69 said:
So you have got no confidence, think hes shit and is going to ruin our club - but its too early to make a judgment on? Sounds like youve made youre mind up to me mate.

I don't want to be unfair to the guy but I see all this confidence in him all over the place and I wonder why. He play shit football and we are not going into the new season as a well oiled unit. I just don't understand where people see the positives. We have new players which is great but I guess I want more than just signings. I want evidence that we are going to play good football. Maybe today we'll some decent footie.

Lets not judge on pre season or what he did with Mark Hughes's team. He has bought the players he wants so now its time to deliver, if he doesnt then he will be out, no danger about it. I have a feeling that he will do the business and we will be right up there, my only worry is the first couple of games are hard and our best players have only recently joined up with the squad. Get off to a bad start and people will be on the teams back.

I cannot see that the players we have could adopt a negative kind of style - Tevez wants to be on the end of every move, Adebayor wants to be a goal machine, Silva has added a further attacking threat and Kolarov seems to be more renowned for his goal scoring than his defending. I think, given a little bit of licence, this squad could develop into a team with the same 'we can beat anyone' mentality that the '68 side had.

True_Blue69 said:
TonyM said:

Lets not judge on pre season or what he did with Mark Hughes's team. He has bought the players he wants so now its time to deliver, if he doesnt then he will be out, no danger about it. I have a feeling that he will do the business and we will be right up there, my only worry is the first couple of games are hard and our best players have only recently joined up with the squad. Get off to a bad start and people will be on the teams back.

good post<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:46 am --<br /><br />
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I cannot see that the players we have could adopt a negative kind of style - Tevez wants to be on the end of every move, Adebayor wants to be a goal machine, Silva has added a further attacking threat and Kolarov seems to be more renowned for his goal scoring than his defending. I think, given a little bit of licence, this squad could develop into a team with the same 'we can beat anyone' mentality that the '68 side had.

I agree, hope we come out the stalls quick

mancini is the man. he played negatively at times last season and that is because we didnt have the players o go forward through the middle. to some extent we still dont. big season for david silva imo.

fathellensbellend said:
tactically inept doesnt even come close, i cannot even be arsed to list the many tactical failings, just to say today was woeful, the brand of football unwatchable and a complete failure taking into account the players at his disposal.

if this is the level and the style of football, please go now, its turgid narrow shite.
lets get stuart pearce, or frank clark back.. or resurrect alan ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.