Just been down to maine road for 1st time in 6 years

Chinley Blues Jr said:
davymcfc said:
isnt it funny how they accepted 20p. basically beggers. does that happen anywhere near the new ground now?

oh yes! the robbing bastards put on luminous jackets and charge a fiver

It's true!

One of the 'carparks' is just a piece of wasteground that get's about 500 vehicles on it every match at £5 each.
The lads that run it don't own it. They just turn up, take the money, guard the patch and go home. If it's raining, they don't bother with the guarding bit.

pbibs said:
davymcfc said:
looks like i owe you an apology pbibs. i did hear about people having their car bricked for not giving any money. but i assume that wasnt you.

Maybe times change. I minded cars 30 yrs ago mate, it isnt a recent phenomenom. We just wanted sweets. Bricking cars didnt happen in my time.
well im glad sir. probably like when i was younger and i wanted to save up for summat i would ask people if they wanted their cars washing. wasnt quite 30 years ago. anyway wasnt having a dig at the jolly car minders such as yourself.

davymcfc said:
pbibs said:
Maybe times change. I minded cars 30 yrs ago mate, it isnt a recent phenomenom. We just wanted sweets. Bricking cars didnt happen in my time.
well im glad sir. probably like when i was younger and i wanted to save up for summat i would ask people if they wanted their cars washing. wasnt quite 30 years ago. anyway wasnt having a dig at the jolly car minders such as yourself.

GOD I feel old tonight ;-)<br /><br />-- Sat May 01, 2010 12:35 am --<br /><br />
Chinley Blues Jr said:
davymcfc said:
isnt it funny how they accepted 20p. basically beggers. does that happen anywhere near the new ground now?

oh yes! the robbing bastards put on luminous jackets and charge a fiver

LOL. Cheered me up that did Chinley. Its all about perceptions.

google must like City, its still on Google Earth.
or anyone who has it, here are the co-ordinates
53° 27′ 4″ N, 2° 14′ 7″ W

Bilboblue said:
shadygiz said:
and god it is fuckin' souless, a bland development...i shed a few tears tonight when i spotted a section of the old brick wall with the barbed wire still on top

why the fuck have they named the roads sunshine road and barrowbliss avenue, etc...WTF is that about....Wheres our history gone, the souless twats are erasing it. I had to come away as it was hurting too much

rant over, back to my box of kleenex

This is no time for a w*nk son.....

I lol'd at that :)

Bilboblue said:
shadygiz said:
and god it is fuckin' souless, a bland development...i shed a few tears tonight when i spotted a section of the old brick wall with the barbed wire still on top

why the fuck have they named the roads sunshine road and barrowbliss avenue, etc...WTF is that about....Wheres our history gone, the souless twats are erasing it. I had to come away as it was hurting too much

rant over, back to my box of kleenex

This is no time for a w*nk son.....

pmsl.

Roger Ringpiece said:
Incidentally, I was reading an article last week and when the pitch was dug up after City moved out, it was relaid at Ducie High School (now Manchester Academy) as hardly anyone bought any of it when it was auctioned off with everything else.

I've got the exact patch of grass Ian Bishop headed from to score in the 5-1 I'll have you know.

alib said:
100%manc said:
I think that they got some Moss Side school kids to come up with the names of the streets . . .

suprised there's no addresses like.........

Uzi Alley

Mountain Bike Avenue

Charlie Crescent
not even, a GIVE ME YA WALLET STREET ever , the council should be ashamed, jokin appart, i have close friends who live on park road, have done for years, they think city leaving the area is the worst thing that could have happened, irony is , there all rags... blessss

No you haven't if you got it in 2003, at the end of every season I was told the pitch is stripped of any grass and they start again.
Amigo said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
Incidentally, I was reading an article last week and when the pitch was dug up after City moved out, it was relaid at Ducie High School (now Manchester Academy) as hardly anyone bought any of it when it was auctioned off with everything else.

I've got the exact patch of grass Ian Bishop headed from to score in the 5-1 I'll have you know.
<br /><br />-- Sat May 01, 2010 7:38 pm --<br /><br />Mustn't have been for a while, it shut down about 6 months ago if not longer!

warpig said:
still drive up every now and again and buy the sunday papers from the indian guy with the newsagent at the top of lowthorpe st. even now i still expect to see the kippax rising up between the houses when im driving down platt lane in the car.

Circa 1968. Great memories.

11hb1c1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.