Just go..........

lionheart said:
levets said:
Where is the 'togetherness' we used to enjoy... Most of the fuel for the media is coming from here...
Absolute bollocks.

which part? How long have you been around... When we were really shit... one thing we had was togetherness.. December 1998, Stoke City at home... 0-1 at HT... You know the rest! Thats the togetherness I'm referring to. All this bickering is pathetic and counter productive...

Oh and If you think the press don't get stories from here then you are living on cloud idiotic... Our main correspondent with the MEN is registered on here and trawls the board... as I'm sure do the nationals.

By the way... great response.

M24 said:
The so-called fans on this forum who just moan/slag city off all the time, why dont you all just go and watch another team.
If you cant 'support' the team dont bother at all.
This is what I call the "Stepford Wives" philosophy - let's all pretend everything is fantastic and never criticise no matter how frustrating the performance. Fans have a right to make their views known, and a City forum is a relatively secure and safe place to do so. It's better than booing at the game, or trying to score points off fans of other teams on generalist forums. Only a buffoon would blindly praise everything City ever do. We would never have got rid of Alan Ball using your logic.

levets said:
ono said:
I can't believe nobody else has spotted that this thread has the potential to be another 'if you don't go, your a smaller blue than me' thread.

The title almost gives it away but the OP is smart. He waits until the 2nd page to ask TMQ if he goes to the match or if he just sits at home watching it on his computer.

Nice skills.

Yes, he's smart and been following City home & away for many many years... so he's entitled to question a section of our 'supporters'... The attitude of our 'support' has changed dramatically. Why?

Where is the 'togetherness' we used to enjoy... Most of the fuel for the media is coming from here...
I don't see how anybody can gauge the attitude of our fans, especially in comparison to a few years ago. If internet forums, were readily available 10/15 years ago, i'd bet we'd be having the same conversation then (well if i wasn't 9). It's just a forum garners much wider opinions from City fans from all walks of life. Opinion is bound to be divided, especially on a forum as large and inpersonal as this one.

I'll agree expectation has gone up and as such, shit results are harder to swallow, but overall i think it's impossible to compare our support to times of yesteryear.

ono said:
levets said:
Yes, he's smart and been following City home & away for many many years... so he's entitled to question a section of our 'supporters'... The attitude of our 'support' has changed dramatically. Why?

I don't see how anybody can gauge the attitude of our fans, especially in comparison to a few years ago. If internet forums, were readily available 10/15 years ago, i'd bet we'd be having the same conversation then (well if i wasn't 9). It's just a forum garners much wider opinions from City fans from all walks of life. Opinion is bound to be divided, especially on a forum as large and inpersonal as this one.

I'll agree expectation has gone up and as such, shit results are harder to swallow, but overall i think it's impossible to compare our support to times of yesteryear.

The word.... SUPPORT!!!!

I believe some of our fans are the new 5th column. I have no problem with people expressing their views, whether I agree or not!

But there are some who are never happy unless they have something to moan about. It's boring, uneccessary and counter productive.

ono said:
levets said:

It isnt impossible when your stood in the Away end at Anfield and a ridiculous amount of people are getting on the teams back at the first oppurtunity , it will come to blows sooner than you think mate ..

tommyducks said:
M24 said:
The so-called fans on this forum who just moan/slag city off all the time, why dont you all just go and watch another team.
If you cant 'support' the team dont bother at all.
This is what I call the "Stepford Wives" philosophy - let's all pretend everything is fantastic and never criticise no matter how frustrating the performance. Fans have a right to make their views known, and a City forum is a relatively secure and safe place to do so. It's better than booing at the game, or trying to score points off fans of other teams on generalist forums. Only a buffoon would blindly praise everything City ever do. We would never have got rid of Alan Ball using your logic.

What part of ALL the time does he have to spell out .............Your points are very valid but i think you miss his point ..

CHT, it's always been like that. Especially when we were in division 2.

We had a thread about this last week.

It's a myth that we were "all Blues together" that season. Remember Willie Donnachie's out burst...in December 1998?

CHT said:
tommyducks said:

What part of ALL the time does he have to spell out .............Your points are very valid but i think you miss his point ..
I think the OP resents ANY criticism of City, at any time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.