Just go..........

It`s not rocket science!
Rightly or wrongly some fans (probably the majority at the younger age range) believe that all our untold wealth should be enough to assure success right now and to carry on using this wealth to correct any problems in transfer windows rather than through coaching and expect the best players to come. Others (probably those 35+) are happy for any green shoots of improvement and steady progression, probably can't believe the high quality of talent in the squad and are more cautious that anything we achieve is sustainable and involves all levels of the club improving.
I see that the Bentknapp question has been raised - why are Spurs playing attacking entertaining football and getting wins and we are not. ie - not needing time to settle in!
The thing is Dodgyknapp is an impact manager - always has been - like Keegan but with a modicum of tactical awareness - eventually this cor blimey enthusiasm wears thin and he ends up feeling slighted in some way - ala Keegan. At present his knees up mother brown, up and at em style is working - but you just know it will falter and fade - as will Defoe who at the moment believes he is Van Basten due to Arry.
Hughes is a cautious man and yes a bit dour - but he is a thinker and his success tends to come after a couple of seasons - I agree that I`m concerned about the defence and would urge that he look at his coaching set up in that regard - but I do think we need to give him time. One thing is for sure - that when we do achieve success it won't be at the expense of any other aspects of the club as I know how hands on he is - he even sits in on interviews for the coaches of kids summer camps and interviews for kit man - you can argue whether he should or not.
For the sake of bluemoon friendship can`t we wait until the season end before the Hughes out threads - of course criticise selections, formations, subtitutions, etc etc but to actively seek his sacking is ludicrous at this stage.

levets said:
ono said:
I don't see how anybody can gauge the attitude of our fans, especially in comparison to a few years ago. If internet forums, were readily available 10/15 years ago, i'd bet we'd be having the same conversation then (well if i wasn't 9). It's just a forum garners much wider opinions from City fans from all walks of life. Opinion is bound to be divided, especially on a forum as large and inpersonal as this one.

I'll agree expectation has gone up and as such, shit results are harder to swallow, but overall i think it's impossible to compare our support to times of yesteryear.

The word.... SUPPORT!!!!

I believe some of our fans are the new 5th column. I have no problem with people expressing their views, whether I agree or not!

But there are some who are never happy unless they have something to moan about. It's boring, uneccessary and counter productive.
Yeah i agree but i'd imagine every club has it's moaners. In my lifetime, i can't say i've noticed much change. Invariably there has always been some idiot sat near me moaning at everything.

At the end of the day, it's night. And this is a forum for people to express their views. Unnecessary moaning is annoying but i find it hard to believe it's a new thing.

I don't think it divides so much in terms of age. I've just turned 50 and if I seem impatient, I just don't want to cark it before the good times arrive.

Don't think anybody can accuse City fans of huge expectations over the last 33 years. Most of it has been pretty average at best and downright bloody awful at worst.
The start of the season and the signings led a lot of people to think we were the finished article, we had just beaten Arsenal and a lot of people thought that was that, we had arrived, sorted.
However we are not the finished article and some people are disappointed with our bad habit of throwing away victories in favour of draws. I genuinely think we will sort out the mad defending issues and will make it into the top 4 and next season move onwards and upwards.
In saying this it is a forum and if someone thinks so and so is arse then he/she is entitled to that opinion whilst backing that opinion up with some relevant facts if possible so other people may counteract those opinions thus encouraging debate.
Everything to do with City is not rosy, lets not pretend it is, it's getting better, lets hope it gets better yet.

Surely the point is that City are 6th, and in Cup Q/Finals so criticism on the current scale is inappropriate.

I know we have spent a lot of money, but that is not an instant solution

Marvin said:
Surely the point is that City are 6th, and in Cup Q/Finals so criticism on the current scale is inappropriate.

I know we have spent a lot of money, but that is not an instant solution
On the other hand, if we had held on at 2-1 on Saturday, you would have seen euphoria go through the roof on here.

Brilliant!!!! love it!!! I couldn't put it better myself, well done for having independent thought and airing it in the face of the Hughes police squad.
TheMightyQuinn said:
M24 said:
typical nob reply......well done

What about people who say negative things that are true? Do they need to go and support another team too?

I hate all the Robinho haters and the general ignorant football virgins too but at the same time they do have a right to express their opinions no matter how flawed, naive and pointless.

However, should I decide that the team can't defend, plays the long ball and is going nowhere fast, I feel I should be allowed to say these things. Your permission pending obviously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.