Just go..........

Didsbury Dave said:
CHT, it's always been like that. Especially when we were in division 2.

We had a thread about this last week.

It's a myth that we were "all Blues together" that season. Remember Willie Donnachie's out burst...in December 1998?

Huge difference in people moaning when were 1-0 down to Darlington in the FA Cup and holding our lowest ever League position in our History than people moaning when were 1-0 down against the most succesful English team of all time which Liverpool are ...................Chalk and Cheese .......... As for that season in the Third , the roar of defiance that greeted the team coming out on the opening day at Home to Blackpool and the huge support when 1-0 down at home to Stoke over Christmas will live long in the memory ...............And it isnt a myth in my eyes that our support then especially away was better than now ..

CHT said:
Didsbury Dave said:
CHT, it's always been like that. Especially when we were in division 2.

We had a thread about this last week.

It's a myth that we were "all Blues together" that season. Remember Willie Donnachie's out burst...in December 1998?

Huge difference in people moaning when were 1-0 down to Darlington in the FA Cup and holding our lowest ever League position in our History than people moaning when were 1-0 down against the most succesful English team of all time which Liverpool are ...................Chalk and Cheese .......... As for that season in the Third , the roar of defiance that greeted the team coming out on the opening day at Home to Blackpool and the huge support when 1-0 down at home to Stoke over Christmas will live long in the memory ...............And it isnt a myth in my eyes that our support then especially away was better than now ..
This is very true. It's that kind of "backs to the wall" mentality. Our fans were never more passionate than when we were down in the third tier. Mind you, it was because we loved our team much as we love under-achieving children. They were of limited ability but tried their hearts out. Our players now have unlimited ability and - I think you know where this is going.

You can't deny we had brilliant numbers and I do agree that we probably made more noise.
But we've always had moaners in our support, just as most other clubs have. The "Main Stand Moaners" were notorious at City in the 70s and it was common knowledge back then that if you stopped City from scoring in the first 20 minutes then the crowd turned on us. We moaned when we signed Marsh, moaned when we transferred him, moaned at sacking Allison, moaned at reappointing him. All fans do it.

It just seems like there's more moaning because of forums. Partly because people are more outspoken on forums, partly because the moaning stays at the top and partly because you get fans of other clubs pretending to moan to stir it all up (look at "Paul Powre yesterday).

I think in the ground City fans are by and large the same as they've ever been. It's pretty mucht he same people for a start.

We're nervous fans - always think the worst is about to happen - but that's borne out of experience.

I just think this big "love-in" we're supposed to have had 98-99 has become a myth. There wasn't too much negativity from new year onwards because we won every game, pretty much. Before new year it was terrible at some games, everyone on the players and Royle's backs.

There was fighting in the stands at Wembley at 2-1 down around me, Blues on Blues, for exactly the reason you pointed out.

Marvin said:
Surely the point is that City are 6th, and in Cup Q/Finals so criticism on the current scale is inappropriate.

I know we have spent a lot of money, but that is not an instant solution
That's the point though. Some people point to this as a indication of progression. Some look at the fact that almost 1/3 of the way through the season, we are 2 points above Stoke.

That's why opinion is divided.

Didsbury Dave said:
You can't deny we had brilliant numbers and I do agree that we probably made more noise.
But we've always had moaners in our support, just as most other clubs have. The "Main Stand Moaners" were notorious at City in the 70s and it was common knowledge back then that if you stopped City from scoring in the first 20 minutes then the crowd turned on us. We moaned when we signed Marsh, moaned when we transferred him, moaned at sacking Allison, moaned at reappointing him. All fans do it.

It just seems like there's more moaning because of forums. Partly because people are more outspoken on forums, partly because the moaning stays at the top and partly because you get fans of other clubs pretending to moan to stir it all up (look at "Paul Powre yesterday).

I think in the ground City fans are by and large the same as they've ever been. It's pretty mucht he same people for a start.

We're nervous fans - always think the worst is about to happen - but that's borne out of experience.

I just think this big "love-in" we're supposed to have had 98-99 has become a myth. There wasn't too much negativity from new year onwards because we won every game, pretty much. Before new year it was terrible at some games, everyone on the players and Royle's backs.

There was fighting in the stands at Wembley at 2-1 down around me, Blues on Blues, for exactly the reason you pointed out
Cracking post by the way. Especially the highlighted parts. I was looking for the post made around a week back about moaning in earlier years and how it did exist.

And the old tradition of "moaning about the moaners" has gone on for just as long.

My good mate "Suntana of Brunei" on this forum could barely attend matches in the 90s.

He used to end up wound up to fuck about the people around him, and their negativity.

My old man moaned at Rodney Marsh, calling him a cart horse. He's 82 now, or 83 (lost count!).....religiously watches all our games at his local, saw him after the Liverpool game and his first words to me were "bloody rubbish" ....Me and my lad just looked at each other and laughed!........he does love the blues though, honest!

Thanks to the self proclaimed uberblues on here for telling me how much i should support my own football club

Im very grateful - I thought going week in, week for over 20 years would be enough

Apparently not - If I travel all the way to Wigan, spend £100 of my own money watching the blues and they play like a big bag of wank - just because Im a 'supporter' I should be grateful that they were gracious enough to let me watch?

FUCKING BOLLOCKS I WILL

just because inm a supporter doesnt mean im a blind moron that will give them my unbridled support every single week. If they dont deserve my support I let them know and tell them to pull their fingers out of their overpaid arses

Getting beaten by a better team is one thing, getting beaten / drawing because they are being lazy and cant be arsed putting a shift in is a differnent kettle of fish

M24 said:
The so-called fans on this forum who just moan/slag city off all the time, why dont you all just go and watch another team.
If you cant 'support' the team dont bother at all.

So called fans telling other City fans to just go and support another club is disgusting I'v been a city fan all my live and I allways will be(even if Sheikh Mansour come out today and said he was really a rag and it was all a big joke).

PaulPowerShower said:
Thanks to the self proclaimed uberblues on here for telling me how much i should support my own football club

Im very grateful - I thought going week in, week for over 20 years would be enough

Apparently not - If I travel all the way to Wigan, spend £100 of my own money watching the blues and they play like a big bag of wank - just because Im a 'supporter' I should be grateful that they were gracious enough to let me watch?

FUCKING BOLLOCKS I WILL

just because inm a supporter doesnt mean im a blind moron that will give them my unbridled support every single week. If they dont deserve my support I let them know and tell them to pull their fingers out of their overpaid arses

Getting beaten by a better team is one thing, getting beaten / drawing because they are being lazy and cant be arsed putting a shift in is a differnent kettle of fish

The problem with that little rant is that this is probably the BEST squad we have ever had in the clubs history so surely you can see why some think it is a bit petty when people are having a go all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.