Just go..........

hgblue said:
Why people can't just accept that there are fellow blues on both sides of the Hughes divide, who hold their views just as sincerely and passionately as they do is just beyond me. Whether you want Hughes In or Out, we're all blues aren't we?

I think the arguments centre around the difference between being a 'City Supporter' and a 'City Fan' (i.e. a fanatic). I'm firmly in the former camp and can't help but see the positives even during this recent run of draws and will support the team and the manager against anyone until we've reached the point of no hope.

Six draws in a row is no where near that point.

The fanatics seem to disagree and see impending doom and disaster that us 'supporters' just don't see. There's no sense of perspective and they know best - a change must be made before it's too late.

I just wanna point out that im not saying either group loves city more than the other, but I don't think I can ever agree with the viewpoint of a fanatic...

kiam06 said:
hgblue said:
Why people can't just accept that there are fellow blues on both sides of the Hughes divide, who hold their views just as sincerely and passionately as they do is just beyond me. Whether you want Hughes In or Out, we're all blues aren't we?

Yes but the whole point of a forum is to debate, if we all agree to disagree what would be the point of Bluemoon?
exactly mate, some people dont like others to have a different opinion to theirs.
i wouldnt say im in the hughes out camp but im not his biggest fan either and if he was gone tomorrow i wouldnt be sad to see him go, thats my opinion and others will have theirs i can disagree with them and have a debate about it but some people on here seem to want us all to think the same way they do.

BurnCK said:
kiam06 said:
Yes but the whole point of a forum is to debate, if we all agree to disagree what would be the point of Bluemoon?

It's not really a debate when people just reply with 'Go and support another club' or 'Rag', etc.... If people dropped the insults when they disagree with someone else then it would be more of a debate.

This is what I was getting at. There are actually some good points made by decent people on both sides, but they tend to get drowned out by pages of petty bickering and personal insults.

BurnCK said:
kiam06 said:

It's not really a debate when people just reply with 'Go and support another club' or 'Rag', etc.... If people dropped the insults when they disagree with someone else then it would be more of a debate.

But sometimes that is all people can say, it usually means they have lost the argument so I don't see why it would bother you. I love the fact we can come on here and have heated debates, I for one never hold a grudge and when I log off that is the end of it as it is only blues who love their club having their say.

If people don't want to get into a heated debate I suggest you write to post bag.

I agree with the insult thing but again that is a sign you have won the argument so it doesn't bother me that much.

AlexC83 said:
hgblue said:

I think the arguments centre around the difference between being a 'City Supporter' and a 'City Fan' (i.e. a fanatic). I'm firmly in the former camp and can't help but see the positives even during this recent run of draws and will support the team and the manager against anyone until we've reached the point of no hope.

The fanatics seem to disagree and see impending doom and disaster that us 'supporters' just don't see. There's no sense of perspective and they know best - a change must be made before it's too late.

I just wanna point out that im not saying either group loves city more than the other, but I don't think I can ever agree with the viewpoint of a fanatic...

Some of us have just supported City that long that we know there's usually a dark cloud on the horizon. I guess it will take a while for some of us to change our outlook....

kiam06 said:
BurnCK said:

But sometimes that is all people can say, it usually means they have lost the argument so I don't see why it would bother you. I love the fact we can come on here and have heated debates, I for one never hold a grudge and when I log off that is the end of it as it is only blues who love their club having their say.

If people don't want to get into a heated debate I suggest you write to post bag.

I agree with the insult thing but again that is a sign you have won the argument so it doesn't bother me that much.

I agree with what you're saying, and I personally dont let internet insults get to me, but it can be frustating when the first replies to a post are like that...like they're not capable of having a civil discussion.

BurnCK said:
AlexC83 said:

Some of us have just supported City that long that we know there's usually a dark cloud on the horizon. I guess it will take a while for some of us to change our outlook....

Don't worry mate ADUG do not do dark clouds.

John Wayne said:
The danger of comparing this season to the previous campaign is that any improvement this season becomes exaggerated by the consensus that we completely underachieved last season.

In my opinion, it is of no relevance whatsoever to use any scale of the club's history as a benchmark for what we are doing this season, be it last season, eleven years ago, or thirty-four years ago. For example, the idea that "Saturday was great because in 1995 we lost 4-0 and 6-0 to Liverpool in the same week", carries no weight.

It is also a problem when all judgements are based on quantifiable data, particularly at this stage of the season. The fact that we have only lost once is enough for some fans to remain content. The fact that we are a few points off the top four with a game in hand presents another reason for some fans to believe in the status quo. These facts cannot be denied, but they can be countered by other statistics, for instance, six points from a possible eighteen, or five wins from twelve.

Mark Twain couldn't have been more true when he said "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Hence for now, I am judging City by what I observe at the games as they are taking place. And what I am observing is actually of great concern to City fans. Just as we are a couple of wins from being in the mix, we are two defeats from crisis. Where will the "only one defeat" brigade be hiding should that happen? Chelsea lost back-to-back away games but averted a crisis by virtue of their knack of winning (both prior and post the defeats). This run of draws has definitely done more harm to City than good because it leaves us at a crossroads going into a busy period.

But my real point is that our performances have been alarming given the obvious talent in the squad, and we have shown no signs of improvement in our run of draws. No sign of "gelling". This is because we are not functioning as a team; it should not be the case that fans are worried at every opposition set piece in our half of the pitch, or that we believe that a goal will be scored against us at any minute - this is not deluded arrogance because of our wealth, it is a major flaw that needs serious and urgent attention. If we could see discernible progress in our team, there would be fewer "moaners" frequenting this forum. But to just expect that we will "gel" in time and hope that hanging around waiting for the current regime to produce the goods, is just as "arrogant" as those who believe we should be turning teams over now and more often. Stability is over-rated in football. Mark Hughes should not be protected by the managerial merry-go-round that went before him. If he doesn't start winning soon, he should be gone.

If he doesn't start winning soon, he should be gone.
===============
And he surely will. But...

hgblue said:

But this thread is not a Hughes in or out... it's about moaning for the sake of moaning. It's just developed into the two sides of the great divide... actually I am neither pro Hughes or anti Hughes... I am a City supporter and have been for a long time and have seen the effects of constant changing of the manager in the search of success... Even the youngsters know the story!!!

Now is not the time for moaning or criticism.

Sheik Mansour has given us the opportunity of our dreams... to rid the shackles of the old City... Let's show him a bit of respect and let him decide when and if the manager should be replaced. Too much tit for tat, one upmanship on this board recently; it's unwarranted, unnecessary and definitely counter productive to our aims...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.