Just had a brew....

We are in dangerous territory here LT. On the face of it a teabag that constantly provides flavour through your brew is an excellent idea. However, I presume this is a work brew, as a home brew would - of course - be brewed in a teapot. Also, if you were to leave the teabag in and absent mindedly flop the last bit of bit of lukewarm liquid only to catch a cold teabag on your face you would be peeved and also tea stained.

How long should the teabag be left in for and does the water really need to be boiling? That's what I'd like to know.

It sometimes works, but I like my tea strong anyway<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 pm --<br /><br />
reddishblue said:
How long should the teabag be left in for and does the water really need to be boiling? That's what I'd like to know.

Yes the water needs to be boiling, and much better if you warm the cup or the tea pot first.

Ducado said:
It sometimes works, but I like my tea strong anyway

-- Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 pm --

reddishblue said:

Yes the water needs to be boiling, and much better if you warm the cup or the tea pot first.

Yes, but water boils at different temperatures at different elevations above sea level. So, what is the perfect temperature (or height above sea level) to make a brew?

gaudinho's stolen car said:
We are in dangerous territory here LT. On the face of it a teabag that constantly provides flavour through your brew is an excellent idea. However, I presume this is a work brew, as a home brew would - of course - be brewed in a teapot. Also, if you were to leave the teabag in and absent mindedly flop the last bit of bit of lukewarm liquid only to catch a cold teabag on your face you would be peeved and also tea stained.

Teapots are for old dears and men who attend live shows of Strictly GSC.

Lucky Toma said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:

Teapots are for old dears and men who attend live shows of Strictly GSC.

Strictly GSC is still at the production stage but you are welcome to VIP passes once the live shows are announced.

Make your brew in a pre-warmed mug. Fuck off and do something else for five minutes, maybe try citykev's thread. Wash your hands and add a dash of milk.

End of thread.

Ideally you would remove the teabag about half way down, as I agree that the brew does taste better with the bag left in, however the very last bit can be a bit too strong in this scenario. I appreciate that this is not really practical, which is why most people make do with an inferior cup of tea and remove the teabag early doors.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5IfIkl_oA[/youtube]

Alternatively..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM1jQ8cIFuU&feature=related[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.