Just heard DeNiro on Talksport

Although i was at first anti-Hughes because of crimes of his past, he is now winning me over. He is assembling a nice mix of players, some world beaters on their day and some that will graft out points when needed.
And Hughes is proving to be a subtle "special one" with the media - "Welcome to Manchester" was superb and now basically saying " I don't want to get in slanging matches with top four managers, but by the way, they were all shit footballers" is magic. Anyone who has played will hate that and Baconface must be choking on his Cornflakes and whisky.
De Niro is right, whatever your views get behind the team fully, don't wash your dirty linen on wind up radio shows... well at least 'til Xmas.

Will I be singing his name?...
...No, he just hasn't earned it yet (baby), mybe when we've beaten the Rags and Hughes has rubbed Baconface's nose in it (subtlety, of course).

squirtyflower said:
pigonthewall said:
possibly true but unfortunately in the majority of cases over the last twenty years in English football crap players have made good managers which is why gerry creaney has to be our next manager!
Barry Silkman would be even better then
MEN reporter PAUL HINCE would be world class

Bellamy's Caddy said:
de niro said:
i think this is fair enough, in realaity no one knows, will be fun finding out though, then should it click, well, just will be amazing.

Like you say no one knows, but reading the Express Article reminded me (maybe others as well) that Hughes is only 45!! That's so young for a manager, and he's already been an international manager and had Blackburn punching well above their weight in terms of league positions.

When Mark Hughes took the City job we still had 'Frank' and Hughes was promised more funds than at Blackburn and with the fanbase and stadium that was probably enough to tempt him. Hughes probably thought with a few decent additions we could make a push for the UEFA spots. Come the end of August we become the richest club in the world and have signed Robinho! Hughes had been at the club month's, not years and suddenly the expectation and interest in the club is through the roof. Last season was Hughes' first in charge and given how eventful it was for everyone concerned it's not suprising that it wasn't too productive on the pitch, but Sheikh Mansour and ADUG have seen something in Hughes for them to trust him with another season and that's good enough for me.

At 45, Mark Hughes already has a great deal of managerial experience and is now being faced with a level of pressure some managers will never experience if they stay in the game till they're 60. At the same time Hughes is still a relatively young manager and will make mistakes along the way, but if he can make a good go of it and we achieve a top 6 finish this season, without any silverware he should retain his job. The players at the club are thriving on the stability of starting the new season under the same management. With the experiences Mark Hughes has already had in his early stages as a manager I have no doubt he will be as successful as a manager as he was during his playing days, I just hope he is given time and takes his chance to achieve those successes with City.

Agree entirely too many people on here imv are more interested and wound up by his ''history''. They are too blinkered to see what the future could be. I hope to see Hughes continue as our manager, a very successful manager, for a long long time.

Agree entirely too many people on here imv are more interested and wound up by his ''history''. They are too blinkered to see what the future could be. I hope to see Hughes continue as our manager, a very successful manager, for a long long time.

All you've got to do is glance back at the history of Manchester football. Does the name Matt Busby mean anything to anyone? Ex City Captain, crosses the divide and the rest is history. Hughes ex Rag, crosses the divide and...... to be continued. :)

I'm very very pro MH.

I like him, I think he has made a few mistakes, however he does strike me as a very clever man (excet playing Gelson at TB & MR at left back!)

He doesnt say much, but when he does its usually worth listening to. He gives nothing away to the media.

He appears to be fiercely loyal to those who work for him (Ned & Stevie stand out) and unforgiving to those who dont (Elano, Jo, TBH)

With the exception of TBH & Jo, his signings have improved the squad. I think he's handled the sh*t from the City fans who cant get over who he played for, very very well indeed.

I hope he is very very successful for us. I think he will be IF we dont get on his back.

I think he's the most likeliest candidate we've had to ram the 34 yrs flag back down the throats of the paupers at OT.

Blue Mooner said:
If you jump on a Hughes Out bandwagon after 4 5 6 or even 10 games - irrespective of form - then you are just playing into the media's hands who see this as the best way of derailing our challenge to the top 4.

You can guarantee that what all our rivals to the top six will have including Spurs, Everton, Villa and the usual suspects is managers who are rock solid in their position.

I've always thought that City fans historically have always tended to make our managers job harder by creatin unnecessary addtional pressure on the players and manager which is not going to help anyone.

Its about time that we rallied together stuck steadfast behind our manager and not allow ourselves to be manipulated.

Here here mate great post

de niro said:
Neil McNab's Tash said:
Unbelievable

I was listening to talksport and all I heard was some bloke saying he will support Hughes but wanted Van Gaal or next best Mourinho.

Was that De Niro?
no, i followed him, he was the reason i rang up, going on air all negative spouting about other managers, he did my head in so i rang up to defend not only hughes but our club.
city fans should pull together not go on the radio slagging hughes before a ball is kicked. sure we can debate things on here, thats why we have a forum, but you dont hang your dirty linen out in public. the media are gunning for us as it is.as i have said before i like the stability of hughes i just hope he can gel these players and shove it down our detractors throats. if by xmas we are struggling around 10th then i'm sure our owners will act, bear in mind at that point we'd still have 2 cups to go for.
either way we have hope, for the first time in friggin decades we have real hope, lets just enjoy it.

Couldn't agree more mate

Well done

Sorry for the accusation

My dad's completly anti-hughes but i think he's top class and he will show it this season.

All eyes are going to be on him; trying to control such a headstrong group of players but i have the faith.

Although he was a rag he was a mint player, but alot of that was before my time!

First manager to go this season is tough and i can understand why the odds are stacked for him to be the first to lose his job. He has spent the biggest amount of money and has the richest board who could probably quite easilly replace him (with whom though?..) but i think he will and should have untill atleast the end of the season to prove himself as what City need.

I think it's class that he's come out with a little quip agaist fergie. I'm sure that'll it get his bacon incontenance pants in a twist!

I've always been a fan of Hughes, probably biased seeing as I played football with his son a couple of times and he came to pick him up from training so I always felt a little bit closer to him than other football personalities (I hope people can detect tone of voice and seriousness over this forum). I think he's been extremely professional during this transfer window and as someone said before, the club is definitely running much smoother since he joined.

I think getting behind him is essential, and I know it's impossible to stop people venting their frustration on here after defeats, but it really can do some damage. I'd imagine a lot of journalists visit this site when they look to put a line in their article about 'what the fans think' and threads titled 'HUGHES OUT' will do nothing but create more for those twats to talk about (don't get my started on the anti-city press).

I met the Blackburn coach driver last summer and he said when he used to drive them about Hughes would always have his laptop with him and that he was unbelievably prepared regarding tactics, next oppostion etc. (he used to sit on that seat next to the driver). Whether that's true or not I don't know but he's always come across to me as very methodical and thorough.

Let's enjoy next season, I reckon we'll pull through and get our best ever finish (and a good cup run), but let's just be patient, the money isn't going anywhere!

citymad said:
Well done De Niro. Frankly I find it appalling to think that fans are not behind Hughes at the moment. He's done exceptionally well this summer, he's represented the club impressively and has made sure he gotten his wish list early so they can blend as a team before the season starts. To me it certainly feels like its us and them so we need to stand together and believe in our club.

I think what you will find is that most folk are not fooled by spending shed loads of cash and bringing in yet more players. What really counts is what happens on the pitch and right now that ain't happenin. All Hughes is doing as as they saying guilding the turd. Its no good beating the same old drum lets get behind him people will get behind when he has shown that he is shown fit that he is capable of carrying out the job. The message is GET THE RESULTS AND WE WILL ALL GET BEHIND YOU HUGHES

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.