Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously have a bad feeling about this game. All this euphoria after beating Utd is making us take our eyes off the ball. If we beat Newcastle, we will win the league. Anything short of a win and we will lose, you can GUARANTEE that Utd will beat Swansea and Sunderland

OnlyOneUweRosler said:
I seriously have a bad feeling about this game. All this euphoria after beating Utd is making us take our eyes off the ball. If we beat Newcastle, we will win the league. Anything short of a win and we will lose, you can GUARANTEE that Utd will beat Swansea and Sunderland

Totally agree. We must win.

OnlyOneUweRosler said:

Same deal mate, the Barcodes will be playing with passion and that Cisse is on fire. Is Tiote injured for this one?

cleavers said:
That's exactly how it will be, a very tight tense result. Nobody thinks you will roll over, or crumble, most of us think you have the potential to hurt our push for this title, anyone who doesn't is probably under the age of 15, and not able to spot the reality of the situation.

I think if you asked us, the majority of blues would prefer you to make the champions league before two of the other three involved in the race, just not at our expense.

Anyone who thinks it will be a push over is deluded, and while Chelsea's team last night was under strength, that result above all, should tell them all they need to know.

Personally I fancy our players to win it now, they have been given a chance they weren't expecting (I guess you can also say the same about yours), but the determination to win this league may just be too much on the day (I hope so).

The one thing I do hope, is that the game is not marred by an inept refereeing performance (for either of us, though if its in our favour we'll just have to put up with it obviosly), and that the game is talked about for all the right reasons.

If I could select how it goes, then I'd have us a couple in front by half time, so those of us in the away end can be a little less tense, but in reality I can see it being 0-0 with 5 minutes to go, a result that helps neither of us, and one mistake, or sublime bit of skill winning it, either way.

Yeah I agree. I honestly don't know what to expect personally so I won't guess it. 90% of us mags genuinely thought we'd get beat by Chelsea though and look at what happened. Even bringing on a fresh Mata, Drogba and Lampard after half time wasn't enough. I was amazed.

I'm just glad we have the home advantage. I wouldn't give us a chance at the Etihad stadium, but as results have shown this season, playing home or away can make quite a difference.

PS: I'd actually quite like to see Man City win the title, but I'd also like us to reach the Champions League, so I wish we didn't have to be embroiled in your title battle!

I'd play De Jong for two reasons.

1) Tiote is a midfield destroyer, like De Jong but even better in my opinion and certainly more aggresive. He's the sneaky type that will tactically foul the shit out the opposition but still avoid getting sent off.

He's strong, but having Yaya Toure further upfield will more than match his strength and Tiote will find it difficult to bring him down.

2) I also think we spring better into counterattacks when Yaya plays further up field and his runs will help to bypass their midfield and exploit their defence.

Jumanji said:
I'd play De Jong for two reasons.

1) Tiote is a midfield destroyer, like De Jong but even better in my opinion and certainly more aggresive. He's the sneaky type that will tactically foul the shit out the opposition but still avoid getting sent off.

He's strong, but having Yaya Toure further upfield will more than match his strength and Tiote will find it difficult to bring him down.

2) I also think we spring better into counterattacks when Yaya plays further up field and his runs will help to bypass their midfield and exploit their defence.

Interesting. In this crunch time my mind boggles at the possible team we could put out. Glad we got Mancini at the helm to sort out that issue. Interesting to hear other posters views though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.