Just Newcastle between us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Smarties said:
I prefer the moonhead Geordie.
He was a good guy. Took the shit really well and in good humour. Where is he now, thought he might be back on this week. That was the game when it was announced that we'd ran out of chips, he said he ate them all!

Chappaz said:
Wolfy said:
Chappaz said:
We've only lost twice at home all season, and only conceded 5 goals more than you guys have at the Etihad (for those saying our defence 'isn't all that').

No disrespect but who are these people? You're not the first newcastle fan to come on here and say City fans are saying we'll breeze through the game. 99.9% of the City fans on here are bricking it, the remaining 0.01% is quietly optimistic.

I really do think the the geordies are making stuff up now. Pre-empting it to the point where they're picking fights with imaginary people!

They are a good team with a porous defence

1. Our defence is stronger than theirs.

(You've conceded 17 on the road, we've conceded 15 at home)

Plus quite a few more on this thread but I only bothered to check 5 pages back.

I'm not referring to the concept of you guys thrashing us, as I haven't seen that from any Man City fans personally. I'm just referring to the number of comments I've seen about you guys exploiting our weakness of defence, even though our home goals conceded record is almost as good as yours.

Not sure where the idea comes from that we have a porous defence. It's probably due to the fact that we have no big-name star defenders, even though Coloccini was named in the team of the year alongside your own Kompany.

4-0 at Wigan, 5-0 at Spurs and Fulham hammered N'castle if I remember right. Now I know these are probably isolated games over a season but surely even the most blinkered N'castle fan must see that if City get at N'castle then the defence could buckle like in those games I've mentioned

N'castle are a good team and this is a very difficult fixture but no matter who we were playing at this stage in these circumstances it would be a difficult fixture.

I think a lot of people are talking N'castle up a little bit too much. We've won at Porto, Old Trafford and White Hart Lane. If we play to out potential the we will win.........fingers crossed

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
mancboy123 said:
This si getting laughable now, last week it was united have the experience they dont lose games like this, they have the team spirit, their will be a reaction and they will still win the league by the press well that one came and went.

Now to plan B cisse and B are the 2 greatest strikers ever to grace the premier league, newcastle dont lose many games at home ( this is true they dont lot of draws though ), newcastle will be bang up for this as they are still going for fourth ( true but we are going for the title ) its funny if we do come through this next week it will be QPR still have a chance to stay up, citys ex players and manager all have a point to prove, city have to lose at home some time and maybe the pressure will get to em.

The efforts by the press to raise the stakes and pump up the pressure are so see through its embarassing the obligatory interview by fergie saying maybe newcastle can do us a favour and cisse is amazing has just been given.

Now I know every fan me included is bricking it, checking out newcastle stats, and getting spooked by the press but this is the fans not the players, we have players who have played in big games including an FA cup final last year, champions league finals, world cup finals etc etc they wont be spooked by the press.

If there was one team Newcastle wouldn't want to be playing on Saturday it is us.!

4/4 wins

13 Goals for 1 conceeded.

No injuries

Tevez and Aguero as on fire as Cisse and Ba.

Lescott and Kompany the best centerbacks in the league.

Yaya Toure.....Enough said

A Bench with Richards, Dzeko, Balotelli, De Jong, Kolorov and Milner on it.

A cup final for all intense and purposes and Mancini is bloody good at these!!

If you wanna be the best and you wanna beat the best.....Dedication's what you need!
Love this<br /><br />-- Thu May 03, 2012 7:17 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Hefner said:
I think a lot of people are talking N'castle up a little bit too much. We've won at Porto, Old Trafford and White Hart Lane. If we play to out potential the we will win.........fingers crossed
And this.

City can beat anyone in the league on our day (6-1 at the swamp, 5-1 at white hart lane etc). If we play like that, its going to be a great afternoon. However, if we play like we did against Swansea...

*shudders*

we need to show respect to Newcastle but play to our strength's they have with out doubt got some players who can cause us problems. We just need to give them more problems.

SWPISHOME said:
Jumanji said:
It's not that I'm worried about Newcastle. I'm not.

The only thing that worries me is that they score first. Especially if they score first in the second half.

They scored 1 at our place, and really could have had another.
First goal is crucial, If we get the first goal they will have to open up and come at us (Which will suit us down to the ground). Newcastle have 15 clean sheets this season which is very good, But am confident we'll beat them.
Well, they will have to come at us anyway.

I can see them sitting back for a good portion of the first half because we will probably keep the ball very well and put them under pressure. But eventually, they would begin to express themselves.

This might be one of the most important first goals this season. If they score first, they will park the bus and they could perhaps produce a defensive masterclass by playing with a lot of passion because 4th place means a lot to them.

If it takes us a long time to equalise, I can see us having some problems getting the winner if and when we do...especially if it is the second half.

Score first, and we can pick them off on the break. Of that, I'm certain.

Hopefully, by the time the second half starts Tottenham will already have a healthy lead and this may discourage them.

omcfc said:
You have to remember Chappaz that the media would love nothing more than to build City up before a fall. They are trying to paint a picture in which all City fans are being derisive about Newcastle and think the game will be easy, which simply isn't the case. Almost every City fan will tell you that they are very aware of how good Newcastle can be at home, and are expecting a difficult encounter. Sadly this doesn't fit with the image that the media, and United fans would like to portray.

Believe me, I've scouted a lot of Man City forums lately and spoke to a lot of your fans, and I've even praised you to some fellow mags saying that you guys seem to have a lot of respect for us. Despite challenging for the title many of you guys have kept your feet on the ground. It makes a nice change compared to some clubs.

My comments were just to correct some people who seemed to think that we had a porous or weak defence, as at SJP, it ain't too far behind you guys (somehow - still can't quite believe it myself, but there you go).

Blue Hefner said:
4-0 at Wigan, 5-0 at Spurs and Fulham hammered N'castle if I remember right. Now I know these are probably isolated games over a season but surely even the most blinkered N'castle fan must see that if City get at N'castle then the defence could buckle like in those games I've mentioned

N'castle are a good team and this is a very difficult fixture but no matter who we were playing at this stage in these circumstances it would be a difficult fixture.

The problem with those games was that it was our fault. We took our foot off the pedal. It had little to do with how well the opposition were doing really, even though they did of course play well. But as you can tell by most of our results this season (I think we only conceded 1 goal in 6 games up until Wigan) these random trashings are very, very out of the ordinary, and only come about due to our own failings. The times we've been thrashed, players like Williamson or Simpson just looked a shade of their usual selves. Still don't know why. Some players just have off days I guess.

If we fail to turn up against you guys, it could quite easily be another 5-0, no doubt about it. However, if we turn up and give 100% of our ability, and get the crowd behind us, we shouldn't just crumble like that. With both teams at maximum potential, and us with the home advantage, I can invisage it being a very narrow result, whether it's win, lose or draw.

PS: Btw, what many of you guys are saying about us opening up too much and leaving us exposed to the counter-attack, is actually the exact same strength we have. Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse are RAPID and can break on a counter-attack ridiculously quickly. The fact is, both teams will have to open up to go for it, and both teams will be exposed to swift counter-attacks. Just another dimension to enjoy!

Chappaz said:
If we fail to turn up against you guys, it could quite easily be another 5-0, no doubt about it. However, if we turn up and give 100% of our ability, and get the crowd behind us, we shouldn't just crumble like that. With both teams at maximum potential, and us with the home advantage, I can invisage it being a very narrow result, whether it's win, lose or draw.
That's exactly how it will be, a very tight tense result. Nobody thinks you will roll over, or crumble, most of us think you have the potential to hurt our push for this title, anyone who doesn't is probably under the age of 15, and not able to spot the reality of the situation.

I think if you asked us, the majority of blues would prefer you to make the champions league before two of the other three involved in the race, just not at our expense.

Anyone who thinks it will be a push over is deluded, and while Chelsea's team last night was under strength, that result above all, should tell them all they need to know.

Personally I fancy our players to win it now, they have been given a chance they weren't expecting (I guess you can also say the same about yours), but the determination to win this league may just be too much on the day (I hope so).

The one thing I do hope, is that the game is not marred by an inept refereeing performance (for either of us, though if its in our favour we'll just have to put up with it obviosly), and that the game is talked about for all the right reasons.

If I could select how it goes, then I'd have us a couple in front by half time, so those of us in the away end can be a little less tense, but in reality I can see it being 0-0 with 5 minutes to go, a result that helps neither of us, and one mistake, or sublime bit of skill winning it, either way.

Looking forward to it now.

City in crunch match that might deliver the Premier league title.

Fuck me how far have we come lol !!

Back from the dead like that Lazarus fella

Bring it on. Bring it on. Bring it fucking on.

Ben Arfa & Cisse are on fire with Ba not far behind. Cabaye has really impressed me, Collocini too... considering our away form this season has let us down quite abit, i'm pretty worried.

We breezed past Norwich and beat Wolves i know, but Newcastle are going to take some stopping at home.

Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba need to be kept quite, so we should definitely start De Jong in my opinion...

Hart

Zaba / Kompany / Lescott / Clichy

De Jong

Yaya

Johnson / Silva / Nasri

Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.