Just Stop Oil protests

Literally the entire point of just stop oil protests is to change attitudes.
It would be interesting to see how many people have been personally affected by the protests and those that want to have a say. I’m all over the country and have never been affected, so no real issues for me and can see what they are fighting for. Those who complain the most, are they in the firing line everyday?

Are people complaining from the sanctity of their armchair, or having to live with the constant issues that they cause?

He has got 5 years to write his manifesto and his cohorts have enough time in the big house to burn a few thousand acres of trees to keep warm in those cold carless cells.

Reactions: PPT
Some of the things Christopher Hehir has said and done during this trial strike me as wholly inappropriate. I still haven't seen a cogent explanation why he had 11 peaceful protesters outside court arrested and detained yet a number of days later when a much larger number did exactly the same thing with the same types of signs he chose to do nothing.
I think that demonstrating outside a court is potentially Contempt of Court. But you see it quite often and 99/100 nothing is done about it. I suppose it depends on the Judge. A Judge can put you in the cells for Contempt of Court for almost anything if he/she wants to do. But in truth, they rarely exercise the option.

It would be interesting to see how many people have been personally affected by the protests and those that want to have a say. I’m all over the country and have never been affected, so no real issues for me and can see what they are fighting for. Those who complain the most, are they in the firing line everyday?

Are people complaining from the sanctity of their armchair, or having to live with the constant issues that they cause?
Equally people are harrumphing about this decision to incarcerate them from the sanctity of their armchairs as well. People like to complain I guess.

Don't blame me, just bringing balance to the Force.

I think that demonstrating outside a court is potentially Contempt of Court. But you see it quite often and 99/100 nothing is done about it. I suppose it depends on the Judge. A Judge can put you in the cells for Contempt of Court for almost anything if he/she wants to do. But in truth, they rarely exercise the option.

Exactly and he choose to do it for the first 11 but then ignored arguably a bigger show of contempt some days later.

I would defend the independence of the judiciary to the last garrison, as we've been shown an object lesson over the water on how crucial it is to a functioning democracy; but some of the rum buggers make it hard work! Via my wife I've met a few over the years and I'm not sure I've ever come across a bigger bunch of cocksure know it alls. But it's that surety/ arrogance which is in itself the bulwark against interference.

It does however mean when they get their mitts into or you have to work with them on operational rather than judicial issues they are a bleeding nightmare though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.