Just Stop Oil protests

I live in London and have been mildly inconvenienced by JSO/Extinction Rebellion protests. I can honestly say my anger has never gone beyond tutting and saying FFS under breath whilst looking for alternative routes on city mapper.

I find some of their methods a bit clumsy and occasionally a bit tone deaf but some of the vitriol from ppl that have/will never encounter these protests is a bit mad.

It's more likely to radicalise activists to committing violence and property destruction.

Which makes it a stupid idea or a very cynical political game by the Tories (who brought in the law).

Imagine if Swampy decided to blow up diggers instead of hide underground.
Or an increasing number of non-violent protesters. It’s easy enough for a crypto-fascist HHJ to send a handful of protesters to prison to grab a few headlines, but not so straightforward if there are hundreds of them, given the present capacity issues with our prisons.

Or an increasing number of non-violent protesters. It’s easy enough for a crypto-fascist HHJ to send a handful of protesters to prison to grab a few headlines, but not so straightforward if there are hundreds of them, given the present capacity issues with our prisons.

Take it in turns. It will bring a new meaning to the word timeshare.

I wonder what the motive is for such harsh sentences? They are hardly a physical threat to society

And one day when you wanna protest about something i hope they lock you up.
If I want to protest maybe Barclays and their links to Israel, maybe the govn plans to reform laws etc. I go to those people and protest. I do not protest by targeting the public.

And thats it for me, these twats target us. Not the oil companies instead, not the govn instead. The people. Thats almost terror. (targeting Stonehenge, throwing paint at works of art is what the fkin Taliban do!) We should not be subjected to their protests, it isnt our fault.

What if they decide to hit the internet with DDOS attacks, stopping services, stopping a few ambulances getting to emergencies? Is that ok because it is peaceful?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.