Just Stop Oil protests

Not just crashes. My sister's Tesla was written off by essentially going through a big puddle - all the battery/electrics are in the bottom. Seemed ridiculous as the car itself still looked mint.

Everybody should just be walking anyway, or find a Horse and cart that you can fit in your drive.

Not sure if this is actually relevant in this threat but heard Rumours one insurance company are considering not insuring electric vehicles at all due to the cost implications when they are involved in crashes
I insured my Tesla just fine. A bog standard £42,000 Tesla Model 3 has the equivalent 0-60 of a mid-level sports car. You can't expect insurance to be cheap.

The biggest gain with an EV is unlike a mid-level sports car you will pay £2 to fill it up and nothing whatsoever for servicing and road tax. My last BMW was £1,000 per year just for road tax and servicing and then £60 a fill up. The insurance was around the same.

The cost of ownership so far for me has been much lower. We'll see what Labour do over the coming years if we want to test whether governments are serious about EV's or whether climate change is actually just an opportunity for punitive taxation. If they bring in a new expensive road tax for EV's then there's very little point in getting one.

Majority as in more than 50%. Did you see that thread and have you seen this one?
I think you get a lot of posts from certain elements as they think it’s safe in numbers, and then plenty of rebuttals from those that don’t agree. Sometimes it feels like there’s a lot out there, when usually it’s just the vociferous few.

I take your point though.

I insured my Tesla just fine. A bog standard £42,000 Tesla Model 3 has the equivalent 0-60 of a mid-level sports car. You can't expect insurance to be cheap.

The biggest gain with an EV is unlike a mid-level sports car you will pay £2 to fill it up and nothing whatsoever for servicing and road tax. My last BMW was £1,000 per year just for road tax and servicing and then £60 a fill up. The insurance was around the same.

The cost of ownership so far for me has been much lower. We'll see what Labour do over the coming years if we want to test whether governments are serious about EV's or whether climate change is actually just an opportunity for punitive taxation. If they bring in a new expensive road tax for EV's then there's very little point in getting one.
Oh I get what you are saying, I'm just passing on what I have heard from a family friend who works for an insurer who are deciding whether or not to continue insuring EVs due to the cost implications when things go wrong.

Not sure if this is actually relevant in this threat but heard Rumours one insurance company are considering not insuring electric vehicles at all due to the cost implications when they are involved in crashes
There was actually some truths in this. But not anymore.
Legislation was introduced making them repair them instead of automatically writing them off.
The batteries are turning out to be very robust and long lived. Contrary to some would want you to believe on the internet.

My wife's insurance went down £100 changing from a 2016 1.6 diesel to a 2024 EV.
All the main insurance companies quoted very reasonable rates.

There was actually some truths in this. But not anymore.
Legislation was introduced making them repair them instead of automatically writing them off.
The batteries are turning out to be very robust and long lived. Contrary to some would want you to believe on the internet.

My wife's insurance went down £100 changing from a 2016 1.6 diesel to a 2024 EV.
All the main insurance companies quoted very reasonable rates.
I hate the misinformation about the batteries. Most manufacturers guarantee them for 8 years or more, how many petrol car engines are guaranteed for 8 years?

People then suddenly believe that the batteries will automatically fail after 8 years which isn't true either. I think there are Tesla's out there with 300,000+ miles on the same battery.

EV's are far more reliable, it's just that mass production hasn't really begun properly yet so parts are still expensive. Import taxes are also a problem which bounces onto parts prices. A Tesla in the US is around £31,000 whereas it's £42,000 here.

Insurance on your Tesla isn’t expensive because it’s fast. It’s because it’s an unrepairable expensive appliance.

Insurance on your Tesla isn’t expensive because it’s fast. It’s because it’s an unrepairable expensive appliance.
Either way this isn't my experience becasuse my insurance isn't expensive, it's no different to the last car I had. I pay around £600 per year, my last car was £580 or so plus all the other expenses.

If I got a banger then yeah it would be cheaper but that isn't a fair comparison.

To date I have spent A LOT more servicing and repairing the petrol cars I've owned versus my Tesla.

Jeez some eye watering figures in here for what is just transport.

I have a clio. Costs £20 yer year tax and cheap on fuel, cheap insurance. I still go from A to B. And my cock is already massive.

Expect a visit from people in baggy jumpers and long hair you carbon munching murderer of planets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.