Just Stop Oil protests

You better get onto the government and Cancer research and let em know then.

You said 1 in 10 cancers unless i’m very much mistaken which is utter bollocks even is it causes 1 in 10 lung cancers which i very much doubt it’s extremely doubtful the problems come from the UK you really need to do some research on UK carbon emissions which is whats being discussed.

And just in case the hard of thinking can't make the link;
You won't get an argument from me about air pollution.
However, 9 out of 10 internet statistics are actually fake. Like the one i've just posted!

On a more serious note. It's pretty obvious breathing in car exhaust fumes can never be good for you.
Add other industrial pollution and it is a serious risk to health.

But there is a problem.
The standards of living and the abundance of food (at least here) is due to the very thing some want to ban.
Believe or not, if JSO got their way on all their demands, society would actually collapse. Mass famine and the collapse of infrastructure would soon follow.
Most wouldn't believe the fine line we are already running between success and failure as a species.

Two days without bread and petrol a few years ago had people fighting the streets and mums fighting over bread at Tesco. Don't get me started about the "toilet roll" thing. Some of them would be happy if we went back to the dark ages. Not going to happen.

So just banning everything is never going to work. We need good and genuine alternatives.
Solar/wind and other renewables are already growing at a rapid pace. Electric vehicles are now on the roads.
Gardening equipment is now largely battery instead of two stroke petrol. Another good example of people trying to adapt as long as there is an alternative.

Groups like that will just keep pushing no matter what people do. They have already started on electric cars, saying rubber pollution coming off tyres is a big issue...FFS!

So no, we cannot "Just stop Oil". But we can wean ourselves off it over time.

And in other news, air pollution causes 1 in 10 cancers in the UK. Probably much higher in London...
Their argument is quite simple then, sell your car, stop eating meat, stop going on holiday, stop ordering stuff off Amazon, buy local only and please can you do all of this right this second now regardless of the cost.

In fact stop posting on this forum right now, turn off your phone and laptop because both consume fossil fuels too.

I will lie down in front of your drive and stop you from living your life until you do it and you won't be able to do a damn thing because I absolutely should have the right to cause you trouble in my protest against your consumption.

Their argument is quite simple then, sell your car, stop eating meat, stop going on holiday, stop ordering stuff off Amazon, buy local only and please can you do all of this right this second now regardless of the cost.

In fact stop posting on this forum right now, turn off your phone and laptop because both consume fossil fuels too.

I will lie down in front of your drive and stop you from living your life until you do it and you won't be able to do a damn thing because I absolutely should have the right to cause you trouble in my protest against your consumption.
The argument isn't simple but you are, not a bit simple either. Have you, I Kne help and fulashit not got cloud's to.point at,?

I think I will leave you to your fuckwittery.

The argument isn't simple but you are, not a bit simple either. Have you, I Kne help and fulashit not got cloud's to.point at,?

It's called reality, I already have an EV so I suppose I've done my bit, have you? Again I'll reserve my right to protest and lie in your front drive until you do....

If the UK population ceased to exist today then the graph below would not change in any shape or form. There are zero signs of it falling anytime soon but yeah the guy driving to his cancer appointment is the problem.

fYaKVMuEF9y-R526h_L8FYF6htkTVN2FYecijpzEz1M.png

Believe it or not after quarter of a century in the carbon reduction industry i’ve got a bit of an idea of the scale of the problem and the challenges involved in weening industrialised nations off fossil fuels and I’m afraid it just can’t stop.The UKs a world leader we now produce less carbon than at the end of the 19th and halved our emissions in the last 20 years even Europes flatlined since the 70s unfortunately Chinas has soared since, owing to Europe exporting its carbon producing industry out there.Which why JSO Are targeting the wrong country their ideas need to target elsewhere i’m very much afraid. Though its good for me just calculating the amount of carbon saved today for payment :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.