juve ticket fiasco

So what happens to the name on the returned tickets? It gets scrubbed out and a new one wrote on? If so anyone can do that!

My mate who's a Chelsea fan told me the way they do it:

You've got to go to the ground within a certain time before the game (like two weeks or something) and show your travel info to prove that you're going to the game when you pick your ticket up.

I tend to agree with the loyalty points system - I think that if they said that you had to show up at the box office with your flight details to get a ticket then there would be far less opportunity to have this situation.

You seem to have made a lot of assumptions on the back of one phone call from the ticket office offering you one ticket. How do you know that "loads have obviously now been returned"?

Couldn't it just be that a few people bought tickets without having made any travel arrangements beforehand, and when it came to sorting them out it proved too costly? Or they had second thoughts about going after qualification was assured?

Regular Joe said:
You seem to have made a lot of assumptions on the back of one phone call from the ticket office offering you one ticket. How do you know that "loads have obviously now been returned"?

Couldn't it just be that a few people bought tickets without having made any travel arrangements beforehand, and when it came to sorting them out it proved too costly? Or they had second thoughts about going after qualification was assured?

And anyone who returns their tickets loses their loyalty points so they haven't gained at all as the OP seems to think.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:50 pm --<br /><br />
jimbo101 said:
Thought the Timisoara criteria was a good one, having to prove travel arrangements before points were awarded.
I appreciate this was fairly easy to administer with only 225 of us going, but something along these lines would be an improvement.

I went to Timisoara and this worked really well but as you say with the low numbers attending it was easier to sort out.

There were loads who bought tickets for the Faroes that didn't go as the official figures for tickets sold didn't match the number that actually went to the game so it does need looking at.

bluesmith said:
So what happens to the name on the returned tickets? It gets scrubbed out and a new one wrote on? If so anyone can do that!

2010 mate. Reprinted.

Incidentally Juve v Salzburg was 15,000. And we moan about our attendances!!

bluesmith said:
they use an official manchester city pen,my friend.

Regular Joe said:

Most of those who got o European away games will either go on the official or Spike trips, OR will have made their travel arrangements well in advance of tickets going on sale. If you wait until then it really will be expensive.
Just see the flight prices go up within minutes of the draw being made!!

The post wasn't a pop at the loyalty points system, which generally works well, but considering a different approach to Euro away games.

I've been to every Europa away game but only managed to get a ticket in my own name for Timisaora. All others have come via Bluemoon.
So the status quo is perpetuated.

john@staustell said:
bluesmith said:

2010 mate. Reprinted.

Incidentally Juve v Salzburg was 15,000. And we moan about our attendances!!

Nah wrong, i know someone who rang the ticket office to change the name on the back as he couldnt go. All they said was tip-ex the name out and write you name and customer number on the back and they will update their system so the ticket will be in a new name on their sheet.

The problem that's occurred here is people have either bought tickets with no intention to go to the game and to sell on for face value whilst receiving the loyalty points, or they have genuinely bought them expecting to go to the game, but for whatever reason have had to cancel.

These people are reluctant to return these tickets to city (which they could do within 1 week of the game and get a full refund) as that meant them losing their precious loyalty points.

This has led to the bizarre situation where there are blues travelling to Italy with either no ticket, a ticket in the city end or a ticket with someone else's name on and others that will be sat at home watching the game on tv with a fucking ticket in their cabinet!

I've also had a call from the ticket office today and been offered 5 which I've bought. So we now have 5 in our end and 5 in the juve end!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.