Juventus (home) tickets/attendance

I think there's something weird about Champions League games. I dont enjoy them as they feel oddly fake and strange. It isn't because you can't get a drink, I drive and dont usually drink anyway, but I don't like the Uefa feel to the tournament. I don't even enjoy when we are away and I watch it on t.v.

Maybe it is because we havent achieved very much in Europe but for now I'd much rather play West Ham.

image.jpg
Our ground approx 92% full, the mighty Real Madrid 78% full.....

People seem to miss the point that to our owner, the CL is very very important, and its very important to the progress of the club in general.

I love the european games, CL or EL, I don't care, and I haven't missed a home game since TNS. I love it because we have to play different clubs, with very different ways of playing, and I enjoy seeing how we adapt to each challenge. Take Bayern as an example, took us apart at home, then we beat them away, beat us away, but we managed to scuff a home win. Results are generally not as bad as many say they are, but in typical City style we manage to lose to CSKA at home last year, having dicked them 5-2 the previous season. 10 points in the group one year and we go out, the following year 8 points gets us through.

In the PL we can just bully our way to victory in many games, but in europe we have to consider different approaches, as we did yesterday, when we should have won, thats football if you don't take your chances.

We're still learning, and we'll get there soon enough, this year the squad is the best we've ever had, and though we need to organise better, I think we'll make the semi final, despite last nights disappointment. Of course I could be wrong, but while I was disappointed last night I'm still confident we can win the group, but we need to step up quickly.

People seem to miss the point that to our owner, the CL is very very important, and its very important to the progress of the club in general.
I know it is and have said this on here many times. But that doesn't disguise the fact that it's a plastic, manufactured competition which is tilted heavily in favour of the plastic clubs whose shirts you'll see in shopping malls and markets all over the the world. And when we win it, we'll become one of those clubs, followed by the same sort of people we deride for supporting the rags and Liverpool. And something inside me (and possibly others who watched us go down to League 1 and snoozed though the Pearce seasons yet still watched us) will probably die a little. I like the EL though. That has some character and integrity as a competition.

I can watch a boy-band or Justin Bieber perform and recognise it's polished and professional but still hate it for being manufactured pap. I feel the same way about the CL.

I know it is and have said this on here many times. But that doesn't disguise the fact that it's a plastic, manufactured competition which is tilted heavily in favour of the plastic clubs whose shirts you'll see in shopping malls and markets all over the the world. And when we win it, we'll become one of those clubs, followed by the same sort of people we deride for supporting the rags and Liverpool. And something inside me (and possibly others who watched us go down to League 1 and snoozed though the Pearce seasons yet still watched us) will probably die a little.
Of course its plastic, but so is the PL these days.

Our shirts are now in those same shopping malls, airport shops, and more importantly in the rip off shit market stalls too. We already have those fans that we derided for being plastic rags, and scousers, it comes with being successful.

Personally having been at Wycombe away (et al, often in their end), I'm loving our new situation, even if it means losing to Juventus (or even CSKA) at home now and then, in a competition I never thought I'd see us play in.

I love european football, have done since I was a kid, when it was regular. We had a long break from it, but I love it because its not domestic football, its different, its difficult, teams play in different ways, we're still adapting to it, both as a club, and as fans, and we should all embrace and enjoy it.

Yesterday's defeat was disappointing, but its not the end of the world, and we'll still win this group imho.

Of course its plastic, but so is the PL these days.

Our shirts are now in those same shopping malls, airport shops, and more importantly in the rip off shit market stalls too. We already have those fans that we derided for being plastic rags, and scousers, it comes with being successful.

Personally having been at Wycombe away (et al, often in their end), I'm loving our new situation, even if it means losing to Juventus (or even CSKA) at home now and then, in a competition I never thought I'd see us play in.

I love european football, have done since I was a kid, when it was regular. We had a long break from it, but I love it because its not domestic football, its different, its difficult, teams play in different ways, we're still adapting to it, both as a club, and as fans, and we should all embrace and enjoy it.

Yesterday's defeat was disappointing, but its not the end of the world, and we'll still win this group imho.

Bravo..

i can no longer afford my ST + domestic cup + CL + the odd away game. I've cut back to ST only + odd away game. It's that simple.
CL nights have been a real disappointment, not just because of results, but I'd estimate there's at least 25% day trippers in block 123, and of them, about half appear to be away support. It kills the atmosphere.

I doubt I'm the only City fan in this position and making similar choices regarding CL.

i can no longer afford my ST + domestic cup + CL + the odd away game. I've cut back to ST only + odd away game. It's that simple.
CL nights have been a real disappointment, not just because of results, but I'd estimate there's at least 25% day trippers in block 123, and of them, about half appear to be away support. It kills the atmosphere.

I doubt I'm the only City fan in this position and making similar choices regarding CL.

Do you think there should be a neutral zone created for European matches?

Do you think there should be a neutral zone created for European matches?

Yes, ideally somewhere like Outer Mongolia for them all to assemble and watch on a large screen, but on a serious note, in theory yes, one obvious block for 'Friends of UEFA' and then below that, the block for 'neutrals'. It won't happen though. The block above me (223) is a friends of UEFA block I believe, strange how they often wear opposition scarves though.

Sadly, there I don't think that cures the problem of away fans getting tickets amongst the home fans. Either it's City fans not wanting the tickets and they're being taken up by day trippers, or the day trippers are managing to get them ahead of City fans who want them. I don't know which. There is no official 'neutral' designation is there? you either buy in the home sections, or the away ones. In theory, all home sections should be City fans, but it's impossible to know their allegiance, and if someone like me gives up their first option on the ticket, City have to sell it somewhere... to someone...

but it's impossible to know their allegiance, and if someone like me gives up their first option on the ticket, City have to sell it somewhere... to someone...

The easy way to sort that is to insert into the terms and conditions that away fans will be ejected from the stadium if they are found in the home supporters area and also insert it in the language of the country the team is from

If there is a neutral zone created, then ex pats of the away team who are resident in the UK can buy tickets for that area rather than HAVING to buy for home areas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.