Juventus (home) tickets/attendance

If you take into account food & sales of shirts etc plus the better atmos then surely a full house with cheaper tickets will not only help the team but also bring the figures up.

its not that much difference though and thats barely anything to the club. ill be there, but a full atmospheric ground could help the team
You could argue that most financial decisions made by the club is 'barely anything' but in business, if you look after the pennies the pounds look after themselves.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that will be the decision made. The FA Cup is obviously the loss leader to get new fans in the ground. Ditto the cheap season tickets.

If you take into account food & sales of shirts etc plus the better atmos then surely a full house with cheaper tickets will not only help the team but also bring the figures up.
35,000 at £50 each would bring in a lot more money than 40,000 at £36 each.

There is a balance to be struck between maximising match day revenue by hiking up the ticket price and other factors, such as size of crowd, incidental sales (merchandise, food, drink etc) and so on.

For this game, they thought the balance was making the tickets comparatively cheap but not give-away.

The cheap prices don't change the fact it's school the next day so my 5 year olds seat will be empty.

I'm trying not to worry about what the rags mite think if they see it :)

Same for me with my 6 yr old lad. Decided sod it. School can suffer for a day. He's chuffed to bits to be watching city play juve.
My dad is a rag so i grew up never seeing city play live. Promised myself i would never do the same to my kids, hopefully he'll grow up remembering that.

Yes, price is certainly a factor, and it's noticeable that there are thousands of kids at FA Cup games.

Don't underestimate the impact of national TV coverage, too.

Regarding TV coverage, it will be interesting to see the response due to the coverage being restricted to BT sports.

We all had ITV and most have Sky Sports, not many people I know have BT

Quite simply because 40,000 people at £36 a pop makes a lot more money than 50,000 at £15 a pop.

Make your money up on what the extra people spend

The first example brings in £1.44m, the second brings in £750k. The extra people would need to spend £690k on matchday just to match it! That's a fuck load of hot dogs!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.