Kaka [Merged]

BM_Mike said:
To be honest as entertaining as it would be to see Kaka and Robinho linking up I don't see the point in paying 75m on a 27 year old when we could get 3 or 4 solid players in other positions we need more such as defence or an out and out striker as opposed to another AM

This is the thing I just can't get my head around!

If we do sign a world class super star such as Kaka for 70+ million it will not have any negative effect on getting other players in for other weaker positions. The owner are intent on taking this club to the top and if anything buying Kaka will result in even more money being spent solely due to better quality players wanting to sign up to play in a team that has shown it is going places and for a big pay rise

quick, someone draw up a starting XI with Kaka, Ireland and Barry all in the same side

His pay demands and Bosco's demands are holding it up a little bit. Bosco wants 11.5m euro signing on fee for Kaka and he wants 11.5m in fees which Florentino Perez has baulked at apparently.

I reckon it's just perfect for us to wade in to slightly top their offer to Milan and more than meet Bosco's terms and Kaka's.

Had a thought while i was on the toilet at work actually. Kaka is going to be spending the best part of a week with Robinho who obviously plays for us. So you can bet he'll be sweet talking him into thinking about us. The main thought i had tho and i haven't seen it mentioned(it still might have been) is Robbie used to play for Real and came to hate it so much that he actually cried and begged to leave aswell as holding his own press conference to get out. Have no doubts that our Robbie won't be going into detail with Kaka about how all that came about. That added with better personal terms and Milan pushing him to come to us because of their extra windfall could actually...dare i say it.....push him into our arms.

Hopefully Ajay and offer random ITK's have been correct and we have dived right into the negotiations. Should be a fun few days at the least. Much more exciting than staying up til 1 waiting for Benjani to sign because he's missed his fucking plane. The good old days eh?

This might sound weird but I really hope that we don't go for Kaka. There are 2 reasons for this:

1. If Kaka is signed then he has to play and that means that Ireland is most likely on the bench. And even though Kaka is a great talent and is better than Ireland when running with the ball I am not convinced that he would be as useful to the team as perhaps Ireland who IMO has a better understandg of the PL, has a better range of passing, has a better shot and is better at tackling. I might be completely wrong here but that is just the way I see it after watching Kaka closely this season. Also playing Kaka and Ireland in the same team probably means Robbi must sit out.

2. The image and reputation of MCFC took a right battering in the media after Dr Al Faim comments during the takeover and then again during the Kaka-gate. I know that we don't really care what everyone thinks as we are minted and want to win but I do strongly believe that after the signings we made in January and then Barry and with interest in players like Tevez, Johnson, Lescott, etc. and with owners backing Hughes we have made huge strides in changing the perception the media and other fans have of MCFC. Suddenly we are seeing positive articles in the media and after having a look on other fans boards (here and abroad) a lot more of them are starting to see as a potentially serious contenders and not a joke of a club with ultra rich owners. The owners, the chairman and the board are suddenly being seen as very astute (as opposed to being branded clueless about football) and the club itself is seen in much better light. Doing all the right things quietly and efficiently.

Real and Chelsea have taken the spotlight with the galactico and Kaka. Let them have it. They can ruin the football and be responsible for all the worlds ills. In the mean time we are going to sign the talented players under the radar and fck the rags and the rest up on the pitch where it matters. If Cook or some marketing guy reads this - we will get a wider appeal here and abroad (if that is what they want) by being seen as the good guys who are about to change the world order in club football rather than if we are seen as Real Galacticos Mark2.

p.s. Having said all that I would be chuffed if we do buy Kaka as it will clearly show everyone who the daddy is.

Personally i think we're in for him. Hughes said yesterday if good players become available then we will be in for them. With all the money we have and kaka becoming available surely we are in for him. Its also a bit strange how this deal seemed to be virtually done and now it keeps stalling. Theres also something strange with all the secrecy surrounding the club at the moment, surely we would of come out and stated we dont want him. My personal opinion anyway. FINGERS CROSSED!!

kipaxblue said:
Personally i think we're in for him. Hughes said yesterday if good players become available then we will be in for them. With all the money we have and kaka becoming available surely we are in for him. Its also a bit strange how this deal seemed to be virtually done and now it keeps stalling. Theres also something strange with all the secrecy surrounding the club at the moment, surely we would of come out and stated we dont want him. My personal opinion anyway. FINGERS CROSSED!!

100% agreed.

fluffy_blue said:
This might sound weird but I really hope that we don't go for Kaka. There are 2 reasons for this:

1. If Kaka is signed then he has to play and that means that Ireland is most likely on the bench. And even though Kaka is a great talent and is better than Ireland when running with the ball I am not convinced that he would be as useful to the team as perhaps Ireland who IMO has a better understandg of the PL, has a better range of passing, has a better shot and is better at tackling. I might be completely wrong here but that is just the way I see it after watching Kaka closely this season. Also playing Kaka and Ireland in the same team probably means Robbi must sit out.

2. The image and reputation of MCFC took a right battering in the media after Dr Al Faim comments during the takeover and then again during the Kaka-gate. I know that we don't really care what everyone thinks as we are minted and want to win but I do strongly believe that after the signings we made in January and then Barry and with interest in players like Tevez, Johnson, Lescott, etc. and with owners backing Hughes we have made huge strides in changing the perception the media and other fans have of MCFC. Suddenly we are seeing positive articles in the media and after having a look on other fans boards (here and abroad) a lot more of them are starting to see as a potentially serious contenders and not a joke of a club with ultra rich owners. The owners, the chairman and the board are suddenly being seen as very astute (as opposed to being branded clueless about football) and the club itself is seen in much better light. Doing all the right things quietly and efficiently.

Real and Chelsea have taken the spotlight with the galactico and Kaka. Let them have it. They can ruin the football and be responsible for all the worlds ills. In the mean time we are going to sign the talented players under the radar and fck the rags and the rest up on the pitch where it matters. If Cook or some marketing guy reads this - we will get a wider appeal here and abroad (if that is what they want) by being seen as the good guys who are about to change the world order in club football rather than if we are seen as Real Galacticos Mark2.

p.s. Having said all that I would be chuffed if we do buy Kaka as it will clearly show everyone who the daddy is.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.... and hypocrythically ... especially the bolded bit.

BM_Mike said:
To be honest as entertaining as it would be to see Kaka and Robinho linking up I don't see the point in paying 75m on a 27 year old when we could get 3 or 4 solid players in other positions we need more such as defence or an out and out striker as opposed to another AM

Can't understand why we can't think logically about this....Kaka come's he half the time it takes to win the prem and CL.

Why? Because him being at City will attract alot of world class star to City and this will save on buying lots of good players who will or won't fit in and if we are lucky and they do fit in then they can take us to the next step i.e, better players than them (class player). Then the class players may or may not fit and the seasons go by, slowly!

There's nothing to say that world class player will fit in, but I'm a true believer of "you get what you pay for".

Kaka would be a fantastic signing.....But it's not going to happen, same as Villa sadly :(

kaka says he wants to stay in milan.Many many times. I dont believe we are in the frame i dont believe we could get the best out of a player like him, at this stage of our development. Real madrid is a circus at the mo ,so what ever they announce may or may not be true,chelski walking away , very mysterious ,why? Anyway i hope he stays healthy so we can sign him next year ,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.