Kalidou Koulibaly

This is just a face off between Txiki and Napoli, could do with Barca turning them over to limit their CL income just that little bit more. We could see another Jorginho where a team comes in and just pays the 80 odd but thats looking unlikely.
I think current financial constraints impede that scenario.

I very much doubt there will be a queue at £65m let alone £80m. We need to sit tight and wait for Napolis CL exit and keep other targets warm just in case.
Also Napoli have failed to qualify for next season’s CL so money is going to be tighter for them.

True - he is an awkward bastard for anyone to deal with. He does, however, seem to appraoch making a spectacle of City with particular relish.

That stunt with the Cavani press conference and the helicopter waiting to take him to Manchester a few years back was particularly flamboyant - and the whole Jorginho car crash 2 summers ago, and his self-satisfied ponfiticating to the media after the event, demostrated a level of melodrama he doesn't seem quite as inspired to stoop to with other clubs. But I may be indulging in a spot of over-sensitivity on this one!

You're absolutely right that their financial situation this summer is not good at all, so they could do with a big juicy transfer fee hitting their bank. Arguably this could be all the more reason for him to try and wring every last Euro out of the Koulibaly deal though.

Enter the Rags and dynamite Ed's magic wallet!

You wouldn’t expect anything less from someone who has made his wealth from films. Drama in everything. Again, on a personal note the current circumstances are going to dent his own fortune.

He’s not in a position to wring us this time, and it’ll be a salutary lesson to others about trying to stiff us, a dramatic motif I’m sure he’d begrudgingly appreciate.

In the coming days, there’ll be plenty headlines in the English media linking ‘that lot’ with Koulibaly, but that will not be Napoli stirring the pot, simply journalists trying to generate as many clicks as possible. Sign of the times and nothing to fret about.

Also Napoli have failed to qualify for next season’s CL so money is going to be tighter for them.
Assuming they don't win it.

I assume nothing of significance will happen until Barcelona v Napoli (1-1) is concluded on Saturday night. If Napoli lose, I expect an auction to commence. I suspect he'll go to Utd because they will outbid everyone unless they go in for Sancho too.

For me Koulibaly is the key transfer target in Europe, and is very likely to move but if the past is a guide, we don't tend to win these battles.

Rumours are we officially reached out to Napoli but I don’t trust anything until Fabrizio says it.

Aké - Laporte - Koulibaly - Walker

I doubt we’ll concede at all with a line-up like this.

Anyone seen this?:

or this?:

This guy looks like our answer to the both the Liverpool and Champions league problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.