Kalidou Koulibaly

Your logic is correct but ADL is one of those guys like Donald Trump or Boris Johnson who has zero emotional intelligence and a limited grasp of reality. He’s a bluffer and a bullshitter who will play poker - because that’s what he does - even when he doesn’t have a decent hand. I do wonder whether City are prepared to play his stupid games and tolerate his bad behaviour for too long- I guess it depends on how much we want plan A or whether plan B looks almost as good an option. If KK is plan A and Diego Carlos is plan B - I think we’ll move to plan B quite quickly If we don’t think we can deal with ADL.

Unlike in 2018, we know his position is comparatively weak. There appear to be no other bidders to create an auction, they don’t have Champions League or indeed gate money, and he has to finance a rebuild or fall further behind Roma and Lazio.

Our weakness is the lack of a viable alternative and the gamble that we might walk away and prefer to go through the season with Laporte/Ake/Fernandinho/Stones. If that seems plausible enough to ADL, he‘ll have to swallow the pill and take what deal we offer.

Problem is this is the same video that gets posted every time. Watch City/Chelsea or City/PSG (twice) and tell me how Mangala is not a beast based on those games (and that's the whole matches, not a highlight reel).
Koulibaly has been looked at by almost every top team around europe the last 2 or 3 years, Mangala wasn't. That tells us everything we need to know about the difference between Mangala and Koulibaly.

Think this deal will get done soon! Apparently Napoli wants 70m and we offered 63m, so I think a compromise could be close.
But who knows really, that Napoli president is one tough cookie.

Well, duh - they were hardly going to sell him to the lowest bidder. Clearly Signore Pedulla spent a lot of time in journalism school.

Alternatively read as an advert: Napoli are currently having to sell Koulibaly at a knock-down price. If you bid even slightly more, because they desperately need every last cent, he’s your player.

Unlike in 2018, we know his position is comparatively weak. There appear to be no other bidders to create an auction, they don’t have Champions League or indeed gate money, and he has to finance a rebuild or fall further behind Roma and Lazio.

Our weakness is the lack of a viable alternative and the gamble that we might walk away and prefer to go through the season with Laporte/Ake/Fernandinho/Stones. If that seems plausible enough to ADL, he‘ll have to swallow the pill and take what deal we offer.
Also I really don’t think any other club, not even the rags, will lay down circa £65mil this window on a 29 year old centre back. We normally wouldn’t, but these aren’t ordinary times and it’s a luxury we can afford.

Alternatively read as an advert: Napoli are currently having to sell Koulibaly at a knock-down price. If you bid even slightly more, because they desperately need every last cent, he’s your player.
Unless the player has a strong preference and has made it clear to prospective other bidders. Which would be good for us if we are his preffered destination. Same as Sane.

Also I really don’t think any other club, not even the rags, will lay down circa £65mil this window on a 29 year old centre back. We normally wouldn’t, but these aren’t ordinary times and it’s a luxury we can afford.
True. Napoli tried to flush out Juventus and Internazionale on Monday, no takers, and they tried to get ‘that lot’ interested yesterday, which again seems to have been stonewalled. Kind of them. Leaves Napoli in a tough position. Still reckon he’ll come in a deal for around €65m, at which point the flappers on here will take off, but then in a couple of weeks, perhaps, Zinchenko will join Napoli for an undisclosed fee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.