Kalidou Koulibaly

Dinho is an extremely short-term partner for Laporte. He'll only be here 1 more year along with Otamendi. So we'll have 2 CB's go soon. Koulibaly would have a few years at least. If like I said, you can get Koulibaly at a reasonable price, pull the deal because you don't know if you could get another decent CB in the future for a good price.

The problem has been when Laporte was out, the CB partnership no matter who it was, was worrying. We should look for a young promising CB, but on top of Koulibaly. A young CB most likely will have growing pains so if Laporte was out again and they were paired with, take your pick, it would still be a problem. There's no telling how good a young CB might turn out.

1 year of Fernandinho Is exactly what we need.
Kyle Walker is also a player that is very experienced in a 3ATB system.

Pep has said that 3ATB is a system that we will start using more often, so playing 2 Left footed CB is possible.

What we need in the market is a CB that will be a Perfect Partner to Laporte AND also eventually become his replacement.

Therefore a YOUNG Left footed CB with the Potential to be considered as a good as Laporte.

Laporte has spent 90% of his Man City career partnered with either John Stones or Nicolas Otamendi.

Having a Left-Footed CB is a Major Factor in the way Pep wants the CB to play. A right footed player just CANNOT do the same things.

Last edited:
Eric Garcia is ready, signing a new RCB partner for Laporte will see Garcia walk away this summer or in January and who could blame him. I would leave in his position too because he's not put a foot wrong when he's been given limited opportunities and has more than earned his chance to prove he's the long term partner for Laporte.

The one and only reason people are advocating buying a new RCB is because he's only 19, it's certainly not on ability or the maturity he's shown on and off the pitch. Players who are that good do not stay around waiting for an opportunity, not when they're guaranteed it elsewhere, just look at Sancho. Phil Foden if he wasn't a blue would probably have walked away too, if he's not getting regular starts in the league and Champions League (if we're in it) next season, he will probably end up leaving in the not too distant future as well. He's actually being loyal to the point it might have an adverse effect on his development, he needs to play games and now, not in another 2-3 years time.

Eric Garcia is ready, signing a new RCB partner for Laporte will see Garcia walk away this summer or in January and who could blame him. I would leave in his position too because he's not put a foot wrong when he's been given limited opportunities and has more than earned his chance to prove he's the long term partner for Laporte.

The one and only reason people are advocating buying a new RCB is because he's only 19, it's certainly not on ability or the maturity he's shown on and off the pitch. Players who are that good do not stay around waiting for an opportunity, not when they're guaranteed it elsewhere, just look at Sancho. Phil Foden if he wasn't a blue would probably have walked away too, if he's not getting regular starts in the league and Champions League (if we're in it) next season, he will probably end up leaving in the not too distant future as well. He's actually being loyal to the point it might have an adverse effect on his development, he needs to play games and now, not in another 2-3 years time.

Yes he’s ready to play but not ready to be a starter for a team trying to win the Champions League and Premier League again. CB is a position that favors experience. You just can’t be the best in the world at 19.

Would I want to see Garcia against Liverpool or even Real’s front 3?? No I wouldn’t and neither would most fans.

Koulibaly would no way block Garcia’s development. The players blocking it are Otamendi and Stones. The 3rd or 4th choice CBs.

I am usually against another expensive CB signing but this kid looks like a special talent. To have his CV at 19 years old is incredible, don’t think there is any better in history at a similar age.

Van Gaal has a point, would look great with Laporte. Stones can compete.

Yes he’s ready to play but not ready to be a starter for a team trying to win the Champions League and Premier League again. CB is a position that favors experience. You just can’t be the best in the world at 19.

Would I want to see Garcia against Liverpool or even Real’s front 3?? No I wouldn’t and neither would most fans.

Koulibaly would no way block Garcia’s development. The players blocking it are Otamendi and Stones. The 3rd or 4th choice CBs.
Less than a year ago you were more than happy to suggest signing a 19 year old De Ligt as Laporte's partner, the same age as Garcia is now. He played in and captained a poor Ajax team to the Champions League semi-final. There's absolutely no reason why Garcia couldn't play a similar role with more experienced players around him, none whatsoever.

We will have De Bruyne as captain, we also have Aguero and Fernandinho who regularly captain the team, as well as Laporte, Bernardo and Sterling probably joining them in the leadership group as and when required.

As for your other point, yes I would. I would be more than happy to have Garcia playing against Liverpool or Real Madrid's front three, he's more than good enough to not only hold his own but flourish against anybody.

I’ve lived in hope we’d sign this guy for the last 12 months, he’s a beast and anyone disagreeing in this thread needs to take their head for a wobble.

1 year of Fernandinho Is exactly what we need.
Kyle Walker is also a player that is very experienced in a 3ATB system.

Pep has said that 3ATB is a system that we will start using more often, so playing 2 Left footed CB is possible.

What we need in the market is a CB that will be a Perfect Partner to Laporte AND also eventually become his replacement.

Therefore a YOUNG Left footed CB with the Potential to be considered as a good as Laporte.

Laporte has spent 90% of his Man City career partnered with either John Stones or Nicolas Otamendi.

Having a Left-Footed CB is a Major Factor in the way Pep wants the CB to play. A right footed player just CANNOT do the same things.

Pep hasn't said we're moving more to 3ATB, Pep would never limit himself like that. Yes we do need a sensible left footed backup for Laporte but we need a starter NEXT to him. Fernandinho was intended this season to be CB cover and Stones the starter. It's obvious thats not going to be the case. A Young left footer behind Laporte and a starting CB next to him to replace whichever CB (if not both) of Stones and Otamendi we sell.

Less than a year ago you were more than happy to suggest signing a 19 year old De Ligt as Laporte's partner, the same age as Garcia is now. He played in and captained a poor Ajax team to the Champions League semi-final. There's absolutely no reason why Garcia couldn't play a similar role with more experienced players around him, none whatsoever.

We will have De Bruyne as captain, we also have Aguero and Fernandinho who regularly captain the team, as well as Laporte, Bernardo and Sterling probably joining them in the leadership group as and when required.

As for your other point, yes I would. I would be more than happy to have Garcia playing against Liverpool or Real Madrid's front three, he's more than good enough to not only hold his own but flourish against anybody.

Yes, re de Ligt, I wanted him but in hindsight, would have been another expensive mistake. He’s failed miserably at Juve but ok he’s still young and has time. I got caught up in the hype, he was doing extremely well in the Champions League.

I also expected Stones to improve and he’s actually declined, these things happen.

Our group of central defenders is really poor. Other than Laporte who is class we have Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho and Garcia.

Fernandinho is managing fine but he’s a short term fix. We need a major improvement and Koulibaly is that. Garcia isn’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.