Kalidou Koulibaly

Of course he does. We went after Maguire for a very simple reason:
1) we had 0 foreign slots left, so we could only get a homegrown CB
2) Maguire was the best homegrown CB available. Ake was left footed, but we saw Maguire to be our ideal Target.

Our current Situation is completely different from summer 2019.

A left footed CB is a very important advantage in the way we play.

Which is why we have Laporte. Who needs a partner on the right. Who is right footed.

Our situation is exactly the same as in 2019. We need a partner for Laporte.

Which is why we have Laporte. Who needs a partner on the right. Who is right footed.

Our situation is exactly the same as in 2019. We need a partner for Laporte.

Could you please tell me, how many games have we played without Laporte in the premier league since buying him? And what was our record?

In Laporte's first 50 games in the premier league, he has won 43(ish) of them. His CB partner in the majority of those games? Stones or Otamendi.

So clearly what we need is another Laporte.

3-4-3 system can accommodate 2 left footer, if none of the right footed options can be trusted in a back 4.

Could you please tell me, how many games have we played without Laporte in the premier league since buying him? And what was our record?

In Laporte's first 50 games in the premier league, he has won 43(ish) of them. His CB partner in the majority of those games? Stones or Otamendi.

So clearly what we need is another Laporte.

3-4-3 system can accommodate 2 left footer, if none of the right footed options can be trusted in a back 4.

Stones and Otamendi arent the same players they were 3 years ago. They arent good enough.

Stones and Otamendi arent the same players they were 3 years ago. They arent good enough.
And yet Laporte is good enough to partner them for the majority of 18/19 season and win the league.

Those same guys that just a few months later, Fernandinho was more trusted by Pep compared to them.

And yet Laporte is good enough to partner them for the majority of 18/19 season and win the league.

Those same guys that just a few months later, Fernandinho was more trusted by Pep compared to them.
There's no way Dinho plays every game. With his age he'll need rest. Don't know how next season will pan out, but I can image lots of games in a short span.

There's no way Dinho plays every game. With his age he'll need rest. Don't know how next season will pan out, but I can image lots of games in a short span.

He is not gonna be expected to play every game. A starter that would hopefully be phased to the bench toward the second half of the season.

He has played 23 PL games and started 79% of them.
He has played 6 CL games and started 71% of them.

Pep trust him to begin the season as a starter, that why he was extended.

He is not gonna be expected to play every game. A starter that would hopefully be phased to the bench toward the second half of the season.

He has played 23 PL games and started 79% of them.
He has played 6 CL games and started 71% of them.

Pep trust him to begin the season as a starter, that why he was extended.

And because the dressing room needs leaders too. Fernandinho is going to be 35/36 he will not be a starter. I expect a new STARTING CB alongside Laporte and if the other of Stones/Otamendi goes, a second CB brought in. We don't need to splash out on another LCB figure because THATS WHAT LAPORTE IS FOR. We need a starter ALONGSIDE him. And cut out this whole we're turning into a 3ATB. We will never be set to one formation/system.

If Fernandinho is a regular starter next season we can wish the league title goodbye next year too

And because the dressing room needs leaders too. Fernandinho is going to be 35/36 he will not be a starter. I expect a new STARTING CB alongside Laporte and if the other of Stones/Otamendi goes, a second CB brought in. We don't need to splash out on another LCB figure because THATS WHAT LAPORTE IS FOR. We need a starter ALONGSIDE him. And cut out this whole we're turning into a 3ATB. We will never be set to one formation/system.

If Fernandinho is a regular starter next season we can wish the league title goodbye next year too

What do you have trouble comprehending about multiple formations?

Thats what Laporte is for, until he is no longer available.

The dressing room needs leaders... from the bench!? Right. I recon Kompany would make a great Bench Co-captain, with Fernandinho.

Last edited:
What do you have trouble comprehending about multiple formations?

Thats what Laporte is for, until he is no longer available.

The dressing room needs leaders... from the bench!? Right. I recon Kompany would make a great Bench Co-captain, with Fernandinho.

I don't, you've been saying we're moving to 3ATB thats why we need another starting LCB etc, when in fact the priority is a starting CB alongside Laporte on the right side.

And well Kompany was a great leader off the field... don't get why you'd think the club would have a 36 year old DM starting at CB instead of buying a long term starter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.