Kalidou Koulibaly

Firstly, if we sign him on a 6 yr deal, then he will be coming into his prime when that contract is up and we have 6 yrs to amortize the layout.
Secondly, if he’s half the player he could be, then (as with ALL top players) you give him a new contract AT LEAST TWO YEARS before the contract expires. If he doesn’t make clear he is staying, or tries to bend us over, you sell him with plenty of time to get full value...even from Bayern(?!).
Thirdly, if we are who we think we are, in a few years, WE will be the club winning the trophies these players want to play for!

That all sounds good in theory. Have we ever given a player a 6 year contract? If so it escapes me.

Eventually ADL will accept the offer of €65m because his other option is to try and sell him next year, €12m in wages later and with him the wrong side of 30.

Stop pretending to be so confident about this deal. ADL is not your typical negotiator, he’s unpredictable and whimsical and could very well keep Koulibaly if he doesn’t get good enough money. What kind of CB (plus other players he might need) do you think he’ll get with 65m euros? Sokratis? Denayer? They’re not even on the same planet as Koulibaly.

I wouldn’t be sure about this for one bit.

Stop pretending to be so confident about this deal. ADL is not your typical negotiator, he’s unpredictable and whimsical and could very well keep Koulibaly if he doesn’t get good enough money. What kind of CB (plus other players he might need) do you think he’ll get with 65m euros? Sokratis? Denayer? They’re not even on the same planet as Koulibaly.

Yeah Napoli wanted €80m from PSG for Allan at one point but had no problems selling Allan later to Everton for €28m.

ADL is maniac who does what he wants. Logic does not apply to him.

Think we will get him a bit of a compromise and Napoli will sell! Napoli will realise we will walk away we have history of it so if they turn down our very good offer it’s them who will lose out in the long run

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.