Kalvin Phillips interview in the Sunday papers

Did he actually do the interview at all? It won't be the first time the sun has manufactured the truth.
It looks to me like they've read the Observer interview, and using language to suggest it's their own. On the inside pages, there may be a mention of the Observer.

Take it with a pinch of salt. Kalvin had the chance to leave in the summer and decided to stay and fight for his place. His decision. Simply hasn’t worked out for him at City.

Remember the papers will always twist what’s actually been said and the way it’s been said to sell more. Just the way it is.

I genuinely wish him well at West Ham. Hasn’t started well but plenty of games to go.
The most interesting part of the interview was that he puts this down to his wife's pregnancy. Apparently she was due in November, and he didn't want to uproot his life just 2-3 months before her due date.

I think some will question that, but frankly there are some things that are more important than football, and it certainly fits in with Pep's attitude to players, that he'd accept it, and not comment on it publicly.

Players earn good money why do they talk to the scum press/media ?
He won't have got paid for it - he'll have done the interview to get across his side of everything, and try to paint himself in the best light. He's more critical of himself than he is of Pep or City, but still has enough excuses to argue that he's got a lot to offer for the Euros.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.