Kalvin Phillips interview in the Sunday papers

Honestly cry me a fucking river.
The guys earning thousands and thousands of pounds each week whilst most of us struggle to pay the gas and electricity bills.
I struggle to see how not playing can depress someone so much.
And as regards his mum and mean really?
We're not at fucking school.
The guy is simply not good enough and didn't make the most of the opportunity.
His was over awed from day 1.

The guys earning thousands and thousands of pounds each week whilst most of us struggle to pay the gas and electricity bills.
Nail on head. You can add totally unprofessional to that list too coming back 1.5kg overweight.

Cry baby nonsense. He found himself in the best squad in the world and couldn’t make it into the first team. How sad.

Lost a lot of respect for him.

He’s out on loan at West Ham now so for the time being he’s their problem,and as far as I’m concerned he was just out of his depth at City,his mindset was/is weak and definitely just not what we thought we were getting in a player,I’m sure he’s a nice enough lad but just wrong for us ..

Agree.. I'm all for being empathetic, supportive and sympathetic to anyone who's ever in bother anywhere on this rock we're all hurtling through space-time on.. but sometimes you just have to man/woman up and get on with it..

Oh and by the way, thanks for the opening and closing sentences! The first reminded me I haven't listened to the divine Julie London for a while. The last then reminded me of the old joke about John Wayne's stilted delivery of his one line ("Truly, this man is the Son of Gawd..") at the crucifixion of Christ in his cameo appearance as a Roman centurion in 'The Greatest Story Ever Told'. Director George Stevens tried to drag more emotion asking him "Duke.. give me more.. say it with awe.." to which Wayne said, next take, "Aw.. truly this man is the Son of Gawd.."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.