Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again: is an important website making mistakes on purpose? Are you a transfer insider that you know more than them?
I mean I don't know. But in other news I've just started a tin-foil hat business - 10% off with the code LIVERPOOL10

In more serious news. As I said, it's updated by volunteers, and transfer fees are often reported incorrectly in the media, so there is always likely to be some dispute. If you think the owner is biased against Man City, or the Premier League, then I doubt it - it's owned by a huge German media company - and before you ask, they don't own Der Spiega ;)

I guess it could well be that the lead contributor for the English league is a fan of another team who prefers to take the top reported transfers for some teams and not others. I suspect that there are enough people working on the site for this to be picked up, but I doubt it's a conspiracy - although Jeremy Corbyn's fans have been proved right about YouGov today, so as the quote goes, just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Im pretty sure Transfermarkt seem to have the wrong fees for UK clubs due to not locking in conversion rates between currencies at the time of the sale.

KdB is listed as a £68.4m transfer when we know he cost around £54m addons up to £58, Sterling listed at £57.3m when he cost around £49 etc, this is because I assume they have their fees stored as euros in their database but convert fees to £ based on current exchange rates, not what was paid at the time.

If the mood on here is anything to go on then Phillips has an uphill battle from the start.

£60m seems a tad high. I know it’s not our money but at £35m he seemed a steal for a good deputy to Rodri. I have not checked his injury record so not sure if this is a concern or not.

Last edited:
If the mood on here is anything to go on the. Phillips has an uphill battle from the start.

£60m seems a tad high. I know it’s not our money but at £35m he seemed a steal for a good deputy to Rodri. I have not checked his injury record so not sure if this is a concern or not.
One thing I've learnt over the years is that the mood in bluemoon tranfer threads rarely reflects the mood of fans at games at the start of the season. Think most fans wait and see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.