Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have let 4 players go ( pogba , matic , mata, cavani - not couting the dance merchant lingard) , have gaps to fill + this tight budget , very bad position for them to be in.

long may it continue !

You forgot Phil the Face… how will they cope? Who’s gonna make the tea and slice the Oranges on match days?

You forgot Phil the Face… how will they cope? Who’s gonna make the tea and slice the Oranges on match days?
A rag mate told me Phil has another year on his 150k a week contract they extended it afew seasons ago cause they thought it would get them a bigger fee! Lol

Feels very much like a Rodwell and Sinclair signing.

People on here thought they were astute signings too.

I know we can't have two 'superstar' signings in every position however I thought there might have been someone out there better than Phillips.

Will be a huge drop off in quality from Rodri to Phillips.

You really do think highly of your scouting skills…
Only when tam right :)

congrats on being 1 of 2 that were championing Rodri! (I must have been the other, only I seem to recall a lot of others, but I must be mistaken)
Nah it wasn't you. It was @Andrew___K I believe. We used to discuss him on other threads before there ever was a link.

You are right though, many did like him. I was simply reminiscing about my liking him... That's all :)

Only when tam right :)

Nah it wasn't you. It was @Andrew___K I believe. We used to discuss him on other threads before there ever was a link.

You are right though, many did like him. I was simply reminiscing about my liking him... That's all :)
Fair enough… still, as good as you seem to think you are at scouting, I think I’m gonna go with Pep and his highly qualified staff! So if they think Phillips is worth a shot, then I’m happy to go with that over your opinion of him being a basic woman.

I know we can't have two 'superstar' signings in every position however I thought there might have been someone out there better than Phillips.

I think Phillips will be a decent signing, albeit his injury record this season slightly concerns me. He is an excellent passer and a good tackler. He is not at the level of Rodri, but I think he may surprise a few on here.

There are also people on here who thought that the Rodwell and Sinclair signings were not very astute, but that Kalvin Phillips is very astute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.