Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys don’t want him he can stay where he’s appreciated.

Honestly I think he’d be great cover for Rodri and would suit your system very well. If he has to leave I think City would be the most tolerable destination (compared to say the rags). Problem of course is he’s worth more to us than he would be to you.
Don't take it from a few posters, that "we" don't want him. For me if Pep wants him it's for good reason, and I'm more than happy about it, and I guess the silent majority would be too.

I think he'd be a quality signing for us. He's already a very good player and I've no doubt given 18 months / 2 years he'd go up another level once Pep has worked with him.

Ignore some on here. No doubt some thought we overpaid for the likes of Stones, Walker, Dias etc too.

The cost doesn't really concern me. If City are willing to pay £50m-£60m and Pep wants him then that'll do for me.
Difference with this move is that the three you mention where all brought in to improve the starting 11. Phillips is seen as a back up to rodri hence why people think its madness the money quoted for someone to fulfil that role.

Signing Phillips or not, will not decide if we win trophies or not. The sum of all parts is what will define our season. There is probably not one Southampton player who fans would consider good enough for City and yet they held us to two draws this past season in the PL. We don’t need to worry about Phillips ability, he’s got enough.

Difference with this move is that the three you mention where all brought in to improve the starting 11. Phillips is seen as a back up to rodri hence why people think its madness the money quoted for someone to fulfil that role.
I think he'd play his fair share of games for us, especially with how many competitions were involved in. Rodri was overplayed last season because Fernandinho's legs were gone, with Phillips we'd have the luxury of rotating more, especially when the run of Champions League games come round.

I imagine he'd also play the 8 role on occasions too alongside Rodri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.