Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was pretty weak in the Euro final I thought. He’s just one of a few English internationals I wouldn’t want, alongside Pickford, Maguire, Shaw, Mount, Mings etc.
Raphinha is the Leeds player I’d want
England will never be a top class international side for the fact our centre midfielders don’t have a clue how to control tempo or a game at a high level . 2 runners/tacklers in front of back 4 or 5 with no European experience whatsoever

Look elsewhere at Spain in the past , France Croatia and Italy most recently . Chalk and cheese

Would be interesting at what pep could do with them but I think we need to be looking at much better if we want to improve

I get why people would be underwhelmed with him as a signing but, at the end of the day, if Rodri does his ACL at the beginning of the season, I'd be much more comfortable seeing Kalvin Phillips take his spot rather than Romeo Lavia.

That might not exactly be a ringing endorsement but the fact is he's an experienced player, is homegrown, has a decent enough passing range, knows what it's like to work for an insane manager and isn't a pushover. On top of that, he's supposedly a decent lad.

If anyone has any other suggestions then I'm all ears but he seems a good fit for the fairly limited role we have to offer.

Disagree . Not a patch on mahrez and we already have cole palmer ready to take over the RW spot in next couple of years
For the amount of games we play we can't just rely on Palmer. Raphinha is 25 while Mahrez will likely be leaving soon.

I think it would be a good signing for the future.

For the amount of games we play we can't just rely on Palmer. Raphinha is 25 while Mahrez will likely be leaving soon.

I think it would be a good signing for the future.
Agree to disagree mate , I meant we already have mahrez for another 2 years and palmer is ready made replacement .

jesus foden Sterling Alvarez can all play off the right as well .

bar Alvarez who is much a unknown . Raphinha is not better than any of the other 3 mentioned . Decent player I agree but not what city require in my opinion

Agree to disagree mate , I meant we already have mahrez for another 2 years and palmer is ready made replacement .

jesus foden Sterling Alvarez can all play off the right as well .

bar Alvarez who is much a unknown . Raphinha is not better than any of the other 3 mentioned . Decent player I agree but not what city require in my opinion
Mahrez has one year left. And Raphinha has much more potential than you realize

Mahrez has one year left. And Raphinha has much more potential than you realize
My mistake I thought he had 2 years left.

barking up the wrong tree gus I’ve just said he’s a good player and I also know he potentially has a high ceiling just like many others in that RW position

he’s not what we need this summer simple as that and he won’t improve us the slightest .

for what it’s worth antony is the better of the two as they are very similar in many ways :)

I get why people would be underwhelmed with him as a signing but, at the end of the day, if Rodri does his ACL at the beginning of the season, I'd be much more comfortable seeing Kalvin Phillips take his spot rather than Romeo Lavia.

That might not exactly be a ringing endorsement but the fact is he's an experienced player, is homegrown, has a decent enough passing range, knows what it's like to work for an insane manager and isn't a pushover. On top of that, he's supposedly a decent lad.

If anyone has any other suggestions then I'm all ears but he seems a good fit for the fairly limited role we have to offer.
Add to that he fits in the HG category. We have really struggled with the 17 foreign + 5 HG players limit over the last 10 years.

Currently we have:
Carson, Stones, Walker, Raz, Jack.

Foden counts for CL but not PL I think. Not sure on Ake.

Add to that he fits in the HG category. We have really struggled with the 17 foreign + 5 HG players limit over the last 10 years.

Currently we have:
Carson, Stones, Walker, Raz, Jack.

Foden counts for CL but not PL I think. Not sure on Ake.
Ake counts as HG

My mistake I thought he had 2 years left.

barking up the wrong tree gus I’ve just said he’s a good player and I also know he potentially has a high ceiling just like many others in that RW position

he’s not what we need this summer simple as that and he won’t improve us the slightest .

for what it’s worth antony is the better of the two as they are very similar in many ways :)
I’d be so happy if we signed Antony, you have no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.