Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philips, as having seen Nigel at some of the recent celebrations, I don't think he'd have 90 minutes in him anymore.

If you mean Frenkie then it depends what we need, as they're completely different players. If people think Phillips would struggle as a DM for us, they'd have kittens watching de Jong.
Asked Nigel at the 93:20 celebrations why he left as I was gutted he did. He said “difference of opinion.” I didn’t pry any further but seemed to give the impression he genuinely wanted to stay longer than he did

Isn't it Txiki that deals with signing new players though? Obviously Pep will have seen some of his performances but I doubt he will have done an in depth analysis as he simply doesn't have the time. He spends 10 months of the year obsessing over his own team and whoever we're playing next and then has a few weeks off to recharge. From what I can work out, Pep trusts Txiki's judgment on players because they're on a similar wavelength but that doesn't mean he won't make mistakes.

As for him being linked with Liverpool and therefore Klopp must rate him, players get linked with clubs who aren't interested all the time to fill column inches.
You can't be serious? Pep obsesses over every last detail regarding the team...you're going to say he doesn't have the time to do an in depth analysis on a projected 50 to 60 mil buy? Just say you don't fancy Phillips, but don't make a fool out of yourself

I can also say there's a "minority" here that's "relentless" about shutting down any form of unenthusiastic support for every signing and constantly posting that everyone who disagrees with them is a clueless fm kid that thinks they're geniuses and have no idea what they're talking about. Works both ways.
So with these two "relentless minorities" on here where does that leave the rest of us, the majority...

Imo he can't pass he can't tackle no positional sense hot headed runs around like a headless chicken. IF we do sign him ( I hope to god we dont) it will be peps biggest challenge to date to make him even bench worthy for us.
So you love the guy?

Grealish will recoup the $100 mil from City's share of merchandise in his name alone...if they haven't already...he can stand on the sideline for the next 4 years and it would be a good business decision...so tired of the Grealish investment debate made by people who obviously have no clue regarding the business end of football...

Btw, come back next year at this time and we can talk about Grealish on the pitch...
Genuine question, how are we making money from that household name jack grealish? Do we have shares in Gucci?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.