Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not being funny. I’m not stating the obvious. But City have watched him over a period of time. They have put his performance and match stats through the City player meat grinding software machine. They know facts and stats about him that we will never know. If CIty know he’s their man, they will buy him regardless of what’s posted on this thread. So people might as well accept he’s coming to City, unless it’s another one of City’s diversionary tactics and they are in for another player we don’t know about.
I'm getting Keita vibes. We all thought that was a done deal and up pops Rodri. iirc. I think somebody else is going to cut through the smoke and mirrors. 'Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be....'

So you love the guy?

Thought we'd be setting our sights higher than someone who stands out at Leeds.

It's being reported that he will provide competition for Rodri's place. Never once have I seen him and thought he'd be an elite midfielder so not sure how much competition he'd actually provide.

Think he'll play about as much as Ake has, so here and there.
5 subs means he'll play a part in most games . keeps Rodri nice and fresh.

Asked Nigel at the 93:20 celebrations why he left as I was gutted he did. He said “difference of opinion.” I didn’t pry any further but seemed to give the impression he genuinely wanted to stay longer than he did
He definitely seemed to have an affection for the club and the fans at that event and at the parade. Seemed like he'd make a good TV pundit as well

They also don't tackle much as we have the ball for 70% of the game and we normally win it back by pressing and forcing the opposition to just give it us back with a rushed misplaced pass.

Playing the role he will is not about tackling, its being able to control the whole way we play and linking defense to attack. Fern was a master at it and Rodri has now developed over two seasons to be able to do it incredibly well. The big question is whether Phillips can do it.
The past 18 months Dinho was a master at being a turnstile with zero pace...

Go and watch De Jong play, then you'll have your answer. De Jong is in a different stratosphere to Phillips.
What's your point, that DeJong is an overall better footballer?...and...we're not in for DeJong...he wants to stay at Barca and would cost upwards of 80 mil...he couldn't unseat an aging Busquets at his preferred position and had to contend with two teenagers, albeit exceptional players, but teenagers all the same, for playing time...not all that impressive as an 8 where we are loaded...so what is your point exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.