Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy about this, lacked a real alternative to Rodri last season to give him a rest.

As well I think with Haaland up top, I suspect he's not quite capable of the intense pressing of whoever's spot he's taking. Might need the option of a bit more solidity in the middle.

Also with the prospect of a more progressive left-back in Cucurella, rather than the more inverted Zinchenko/Cancelo.

Can't see him deployed as an 8 though, he's not at that technical level for our team.

Not really an exciting signing but a sensible one and the fee doesn't seem too bad to me considering the figures getting mentioned for Rice.

Welcome Kalvin!

Interesting to see Bielsa played Phillips as a centre back on a number of occasions and when reverting to a back 3. Maybe Pep has this in mind as isn’t he an admirer of Bielsa?

Interesting to see Bielsa played Phillips as a centre back on a number of occasions and when reverting to a back 3. Maybe Pep has this in mind as isn’t he an admirer of Bielsa?
I think it is more to do with the fact that when our centre 2 split and then Rodri, Ferdy, Silva (at the end) or whoever drops deep centrally to receive the ball. This is what Phillips does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.