Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
love to see someone saying Kalvin is overpriced but he is the best player in the England last year. Wake up, he is not a back up for Rodri, if he is joining city and he will complete with Rodri
It's all about consistency. You could be playing well in Southgate's team and being only decent in a nearly-relegated side. C'mon, he is not Andrea Pirlo like this silly alias :)

I prefer to see someone saying ‘Enzo is better option’ ‘Why don’t we sign nunes or wait for Jude?’when they don’t know the difference between No.6 and No.8
All Enzo Fernandez, Matheus Nunes, and Kalvin Phillips shouldn't even be considered as potential City's targets. Bayern is getting Gravenberch from peanuts who is simply a way better player than these three.

I've no idea why people claim they aren't bothered about the fee. We have financial limitations despite what rival fans will tell you about unlimited spending power. Everything is relative to the cost. At £25-30 million he represents good value to us and we should be all over it, at double that, he isn't worth it and I don't believe we would still be interested.

Couldn’t give a shit what he costs. We need a stronger squad, Rodri can’t play 60 games and we can’t have such a huge drop in quality from Rodri to an EDS lad, or play someone way out of position, so signing another defensive midfielder makes perfect sense. Particularly a full international with PL experience.

It's all about consistency. You could be playing well in Southgate's team and being only decent in a nearly-relegated side. C'mon, he is not Andrea Pirlo like this silly alias :)
Come on, what can you do when the team is facing the injury problems. He’s always been the key of Leeds so when he is injured. Look at the difference between Leeds having him and without him. He probably saved Leeds from relegation with Rap

Grealish wasn't like a United-style transfer?
Look mate. As a city fan i want to say. Fuck off. But i wont. Jack's a city player that's why i back him. But if you took me to last summer, I would be craving for us not paying that much for him. Overall i think we did overpay. But give him time. He will adapt. I want to mention another fact for which i will get many hates and i will accept that. Next season that lad carvalho of liverpool will play better than philips if we sign him for 60M. Just because carvalho won't have any pressure but the amount of push philips will get from city fans will be unbearable.

I agree it’s been shite despite winning 4 out of the last 5 premier league titles
And how much credit would you give Ake/Torres/Grealish for that.

It was the likes of Bernardo/de Bruyne/Jesus/Rodri/foden and Laporte who got us over the line this year.

Maybe I consider the last two years disappointing compared to transfer windows before we were brought in Rodri/Cancelo/Ederson/stones/walker/Laporte/sane.
All of which have had a massive impact at one time or another.

I actually think Phillips will be a good signing for us and 50 million for him is a fair price.

I've no idea why people claim they aren't bothered about the fee. We have financial limitations despite what rival fans will tell you about unlimited spending power. Everything is relative to the cost. At £25-30 million he represents good value to us and we should be all over it, at double that, he isn't worth it and I don't believe we would still be interested.

Club work on a budget our net spend by window closed will be around 30/50m if you add the January sale of Torres into that.

If we get the other two player we after it will be cracking business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.