Kalvin Phillips

I don't believe he actually believes he can stake a claim at City. Rarely have we seen a first team player shunned this badly. We're signing midfielders, where is he even in the peaking order? Rodri, Kovacic, Bernardo, Nunes, Rico would all be ahead of him. It's utter madness the way he's throwing his career away like this.
Maybe he’s saying this because it’s the right thing to say, meantime secretly hoping a decent offer will come along to save his career.

He’s conducted himself well in public and never let his undoubted frustration show.

I think we are stuck with him.
There’s no way he can be made to go on loan.
The only way to persuade him to do so would have been to sign another midfielder and leave Kalvin out of the match day squad all together for the first few games of the season but we’ve missed that boat.
It would be harsh but I think he would definitely get the message.
I do however seem to recall a Dutch central defender refusing to leave Chelsea and happy to rot in the reserves for 2-3 years about 10 yrs ago on big money…can’t remember his name. And of course there was that **** Danny Mills..I think Kalvin would value his international career a bit more than that.

I think we are stuck with him.
There’s no way he can be made to go on loan.
The only way to persuade him to do so would have been to sign another midfielder and leave Kalvin out of the match day squad all together for the first few games of the season but we’ve missed that boat.
It would be harsh but I think he would definitely get the message.
I do however seem to recall a Dutch central defender refusing to leave Chelsea and happy to rot in the reserves for 2-3 years about 10 yrs ago on big money…can’t remember his name. And of course there was that **** Danny Mills..I think Kalvin would value his international career a bit more than that.
Winston Bogarde

Assuming we get Nunes then I think Kalvin will be gone by the end of the week, even if it’s out on loan somewhere to get regular football.
That would be the normal or typical thing to expect, and I’d agree with you, but the longer it goes on, the less normal the situation becomes.

Realistically the first game where he has a genuine chance of starting is Carabao Cup game at the end of September, and I wouldn’t even be certain about him getting the nod then if we sign Nunes.

If an international footballer is happy to sit around for that sort of prospect then something really isn’t right.

Kalvin finds himself in the same situation for England.
Rice, Bellingham for starters, there are more names.
I'd say his int'l career is realistically more or less over looking at his minutes post EURO in 2021.

A club that want to part with a player that somehow doesn't meat expectations is telling him he won't get minutes anymore.

Normally the player would want to play football and look for a club where his chances are more realistic. Zinny finally got it, Kalvin maybe needs more time to swallow that bitter pill.
I hope for him and us he doesn't fight for his bench seat til contract end 2028...

Kalvin finds himself in the same situation for England.
Rice, Bellingham for starters, there are more names.
I'd say his int'l career is realistically more or less over looking at his minutes post EURO in 2021.

A club that want to part with a player that somehow doesn't meat expectations is telling him he won't get minutes anymore.

Normally the player would want to play football and look for a club where his chances are more realistic. Zinny finally got it, Kalvin maybe needs more time to swallow that bitter pill.
I hope for him and us he doesn't fight for his bench seat til contract end 2028...
You would hope there were some honest conversations at the start of the summer and he knew we were planning on bringing in at least 1 midfielder maybe 2. Knowing how the club is run I expect he has known that and what his chances are for playing and that he can leave if he wants. The decision is his.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.