Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Thought he did okay tonight. Would probably look better alongside a stronger team. Hope he starts on Saturday cos if he doesn't then that's probably it for him here.
He’s just not quick enough behind the ears. He can‘t pass through the lines first time.

His game is fine. It’s just not good enough for Pep.

While I don't see the need to give him any abuse about his performances, I think the people defending Phillips are being way too generous

He's not played well since he joined the club, and tonight was no exception. He looks like he lacks any urgency and sharpness at all

Maybe it's the style of play or lack of match fitness, but I think his time here is seriously running out and he could be out the door in January

He is fucking terrible. Slow as fuck and can’t complete a pass unless it’s 5 yards back to a CB.

There seems to be an idea (maybe he thinks it too) that with Rodri out, he is our guy for the 3 games. No fucking chance. I don’t want him anywhere near this team and if he plays against Arsenal we will get fucking destroyed in the middle of the park. Kovacic, Nunes, Akanji, Bernardo, Rico, Pep…any of them at CDM over this gum-chewing chancer.
This is simply not true. His passing is absolutely fine.

Ponderous. Slow of thought. Passing too limited and safe. He isn’t good enough for us. It’s as simple as that. Ok first half when nothing is happening. When we are under pressure he wasn’t there (Kovacic was guilty of that too second half)

Unfortunately he is too slow, hasn't the confidence to show for the ball when under pressure and isn't a good enough passer under pressure.

There’s no urgency to him and that’s the biggest issue.

Whenever Rodri or even Kovavic and Nunes In the short time they’ve been here have the ball you feel like something might happen.

With Phillips he’ll take the easy option and repeat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.