Kalvin Phillips

We all saw Pep being patient and giving the time and minutes every squad member.
Kalvin didn’t get it. For me he is more Pep’s failure than his own. But let’s move on.
All the best Kalvin!

“There is no option to buy”

Weird. I can understand no obligation to buy but we clearly want to sell him.

Perhaps the BBC have that wrong.
We clearly want to sell him but an option to buy is not much use to the selling club as it is not an obligation and cannot be renegotiated upwards but can always be negotiated downwards.

We clearly want to sell him but an option to buy is not much use to the selling club as it is not an obligation and cannot be renegotiated upwards but can always be negotiated downwards.

It incentives them to play him if they know they can get him at a fixed price. I wouldn't say in those circumstances that it is not in the parent club's interest.

It incentives them to play him if they know they can get him at a fixed price. I wouldn't say in those circumstances that it is not in the parent club's interest.
They are paying a significant fee for his loan I think they have incentive enough to play him. Might be true for young players but not for established players with significant expenses.

But that’s the point. An obligation means the loan then turns permanent at the end of the period. If the club that loans the player doesn’t want to be forced to buy the player there is no obligation and instead an option is included meaning the club they are on loan at can choose not to buy. When there is “ no option to buy” that is normally inserted by the club to which the player belongs particularly when they are a promising player that just needs experience like MacAtee. It usually means the owning club is making it clear that the player returns to them at the end of the period.

I still think the BBC have reported it incorrectly butI could be wrong.

They are paying a significant fee for his loan I think they have incentive enough to play him. Might be true for young players but not for established players with significant expenses.
Their biggest incentive will be to tempt him to sign permanently with them.

We all saw Pep being patient and giving the time and minutes every squad member.
Kalvin didn’t get it. For me he is more Pep’s failure than his own. But let’s move on.
All the best Kalvin!
You can only coach someone to a point, clearly Kalvin was not taking on what was been asked, maybe not smart enough or simply not at the technical level to perform.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.