Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

It impacts us either way really, the damage is already done. He leaves on the cheap and we have to write it off as a loss, or we spend around £14m on wages and amortisation to keep him here doing nowt.
On a plus side though helps with the home grown quota. Glass half full me.

Saudi - as a compulsory extra with KDB?

Massive assumption that any of these players that fans are dying to palm off onto the Saudis actually want to go and live there.

Leeds is the only move that half makes sense but I also think assumptions are being made around how much Leeds would even want him back. Bielsa isn't there any more. Daniel Farke might have his own idea as to how he strengthen his squad and where his funds ought to be prioritised.

Think this whole situation screams undisclosed fee at this point. i.e. he leaves for next to nowt and gets a signing on fee to compensate for the drop in salary he'd be getting.

Massive assumption that any of these players that fans are dying to palm off onto the Saudis actually want to go and live there.

Leeds is the only move that half makes sense but I also think assumptions are being made around how much Leeds would even want him back. Bielsa isn't there any more. Daniel Farke might have his own idea as to how he strengthen his squad and where his funds ought to be prioritised.

Think this whole situation screams undisclosed fee at this point. i.e. he leaves for next to nowt and gets a signing on fee to compensate for the drop in salary he'd be getting.
Any club would take a huge risk signing Phillips.

He is very broken and it will take a lot of hard work to get him back to any sort of level and add huge wages on top of that and I simply can't see us moving him on unless we take a huge financial hit.

Christ knows how but he's still got 4 years here, so I can see a 2 year 'fee free' loan at Leeds with no option to send him back after 2 games before the end of the first season.

Last edited:
Any club would take a huge risk signing Phillips.

He is very broken and it will take a lot of hard work to get him back to any sort of level and add huge wages on top of that and I simply can't see us moving him on unless we take a huge financial hit.

Completely agree and it's been fairly obvious that that's the case for a while now. I was so so confused when fairly respected ITKers we're still maintaining we'd getting as much as 50m for him up until a couple of months ago. It's going to be really difficult to move him on without paying him off. His salary is probs at least triple what he'd be offered elsewhere at this point and whilst he might be willing to take a cut in order to kickstart his career, nobody would take THAT much of a cut without being recompensed in some way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.