Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Would be shocked if he's in the wolves side, did nothing to impress but worse players out there. he's not good enough for city ultimately though, it is clear and him staying was just blind faith tbh.

I’m sorry but people not wanting to say it how it is based on tonight are kidding themselves. Peps comments before the game were damming. As it stands he simply isn’t our level and is below our level on most of the basics. I do think he has been massively unlucky. I’m not sure I’ve seen a player win the ball back to lose it straight away again so many times. I’d be shocked though if we see him start again failing a major injury crisis. Players may have been worse tonight but the majority have earned the right to have a bad game or weren’t signed for £40+ mil for a such a key area.

Not going to join in the pile on , he lacks a yard of pace for our style of play and we need to put the lad out of his misery in January , he and we have tried the best to make it work but it isnt going to happen.
He would suit a counter attacking team bu the doesnt have a future with us , not going to start slagging the lad sure he can do a decent job for another club and for England with a negative manager like Waistcoat.

The game goes around him when it should go through him.
Lack of confidence and maybe a bit of imposter syndrome.
Not his fault he missed the start of his time at City with the injury.
I think this is spot on. I've not slagged him off once since he came here but tonight when the going got tough he just seemed to jog around which is unacceptable. He just looks sluggish and not sharp enough. There was a little spell in the first half when he seemed to play more instinctively and looked good, but it didn't last. Newcastle targeted him, Gomez and Rico after half time and pressed them more than anyone else and it worked. That was his big 15 minutes to say "right fuckers I'm getting stuck in" but he did the opposite of that. Gutted for him but he's just not up to our quality and I think he knows it. Still worth keeping to rest Rodri after games are safe, but it worries me that he'll be starting v Wolves and especially Arsenal.

He is fucking terrible. Slow as fuck and can’t complete a pass unless it’s 5 yards back to a CB.

There seems to be an idea (maybe he thinks it too) that with Rodri out, he is our guy for the 3 games. No fucking chance. I don’t want him anywhere near this team and if he plays against Arsenal we will get fucking destroyed in the middle of the park. Kovacic, Nunes, Akanji, Bernardo, Rico, Pep…any of them at CDM over this gum-chewing chancer.
He isn't good enough for City and it's best if he moves on. He is not useless and will get a move to another PL club.

If you think Phillips cant pass then I suggest you go to Specsavers, because his passing is probably the strongest part of his game.

The issue was the front players tonight and Lewis didn’t have a good game either, Phillips for the most part was fine. Comparisons with Rodri are just daft, he’s playing a different role to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.