Kalvin Phillips

Can’t see how he can make it into our first XI with Rodri around - the best DM in world football. Don’t think we can play both together seems a bit negative. Hope I’m proven wrong and he knuckles down a spot somehow
He'll only play instead of Rodri when Rodri needs a rest. Good luck to the lad, i sincerely hope he comes good but i have my doubts

This prime video must of got the ok from city!? Seems weird him talking about it and how he cried but instead of going to talk to a pep he rang Beisla up for a chat..

he better be coming back in hot shit form and put others to shame next week at first trainings. Rodri will not go forever without being injured, and decent options needed there.

Would hardly say fat as fuck

call-pricing-usage-manchester-citys-830890609.jpg

He’s obviously not fat for the average person, but here’s the Liverpool players getting their measurements done on the first day of preseason.

And bear in mind Phillips is in last chance saloon, and his manager commented on his weight last year AND he was just in the press this week talking among how he felt that was unfair.

I don’t know when that photo of Philips was taken, but hard to imagine him coming back in similar shape.

He's a good player... for Aston Villa level.

Will never be more than a bench warmer/ Carling cup player.
he needs to be a good backup. Nobody expects him to displace Rodri, on the basis of his showing in the last year, he is not even Aston villa level.

Every year there's always some section of City fan not giving a player in the first year, under a Guardiola regime, a chance.

Every year!!

We KNOW it takes into the second year and only super exceptional players slot in straight away, otherwise it's repetitive drilling of information and movement.

Sometimes I feel sorry for the players and the work it takes to become accepted under Guardiola.

Every year there's always some section of City fan not giving a player in the first year, under a Guardiola regime, a chance.

Every year!!

We KNOW it takes into the second year and only super exceptional players slot in straight away, otherwise it's repetitive drilling of information and movement.

Sometimes I feel sorry for the players and the work it takes to become accepted under Guardiola.

This logic is incredibly flawed, and anyone who thinks about it for more than 10 Seconds knows this.

Yes, some players have kicked on massively in their second season under Pep, but they played 20x more than Phillips in their first season, and what about the players who didn't kick on? Bravo, Angelino, Phillippe Sandler, Ferran Torres, Mangala, Eric Garcia?

And name a player who kicked on in their second season and I'll name you 5 games where they showed their level in year one.

The problem with Phillips is that he's not going into his second season having played 35 games getting used to his teammates and a year training with Pep to absorb his ideas with some performances under his belt showing he's got the right level inside him.

He's resitting his first year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.