Kalvin Phillips

Refusing to leave according to Sam Lee on LMT so no move for Lavia or another out and out DM

No doubt that will be used against him on here, without knowing whether the club are interested in bringing Lavia back, and from Sam Lee another forum favourite too.

Listening to him on sky sports and I have mixed feelings tbh. Seems a good lad but huge question marks about his attitude and qualities.

Elite players don’t come back fat after so many injuries and set backs. Still thinks he is at Leeds.

As of now his chances with us are 3/10 at best.

Stop talking, get fit and show the club why you deserve a place in the squad.

Last edited:
I’m hoping for an improvement in his second season. Many before him have. Fingers crossed.
I don't think it's a question of ability, he has that and doubt we'd have bought him if he didn't. The question is can he adapt his game and understand how to use his ability as a DM in a Pep team, hat's something impossible to know for sure before we sign a player. That's the step he needs to make and we'll see next season if that's clicked with him, but Pep will have a clearer idea whether he thinks Phillips has that game intelligence now.

Listening to him on sky sports and I have mixed fellinhs tbh. Seems a good lad but huge question marks about his attitude and qualities.

Elite players don’t come back fat after so many injuries and set backs. Still thinks he is at Leeds.

As of now his chances with us are 3/10 at best.

Stop talking, get fit and show the club why you deserve a place in the squad.
To be fair to him with the weight thing its probably around 2kilos or something....elite players have been called out for their weight by pep. Aguero was one of them. Mahrez has been called out by pep. Hes not the first to and wont be the last to have it done to him. Hes also talking a lot because hes on a press tour for his documentary.

He reminds me of akes first season which was also not great because of injury and not having peps trust made around simular apperances. I personally think kalvin turns it around. Part of last season issues are well documented but i also seem to feel for him in the sence that when he first come back from injury he was learning to play a lone dm (like rodri) then half way through that he had to change and learn a different formation so his head must have been a little mushed up with all the information, given its the hardest role in a pep team to learn.

Can’t see how he can make it into our first XI with Rodri around - the best DM in world football. Don’t think we can play both together seems a bit negative. Hope I’m proven wrong and he knuckles down a spot somehow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.