Kalvin Phillips

Don't see a future for him here. Part of me thinks it's Pep's obsession with weight. That's been the end for a few top players in his managerial career. It would be interesting to see how Kalvin is performing in training though in terms of tactically, i.e the stuff that is far too technical for any of us fans. Seems a nice lad, I'd like to see him do well here and stay.

Is it not worth giving Tommy Doyle a run at backing up Rodders
I know it was the championship but watching him for Sheff u he seems far more effective that Kalv. Can also take a free kick

Is it not worth giving Tommy Doyle a run at backing up Rodders
I know it was the championship but watching him for Sheff u he seems far more effective that Kalv. Can also take a free kick
I think you're severely underestimating the jump from Championship League football to Premier League football. Let alone to City.

Doesn't help that Southgate will continue to call him up.

Issue with him is he's a headless chicken, works in a ball winning capacity next to a number 6 like it does next to Rice. As a lone 6 though, it's useless. Maybe it'd be fine if he was fast like the Caicedo's and Kantes of the world but he's probably the slowest player In our squad. His decision making might be even slower and that's an even bigger reason he's not trusted. He's a worse Javi Garcia, at least he was elite in the air.
It's was a signing that didn't make sense the minute we were linked.

I don't see how he's happy sitting on the bench all season either, get the hint lad.

Rodri, Kovacic, Lewis, Stones, Gvardiol, and now Nunes (who seems imminent) are all ahead of him. If he has any ambition to carry on his career, it's time to call Jurgen and ask for a bid.

I think the problems for him are mostly mental. Doesn’t look at all like the player who played for Leeds and was so confident as their metronome. It’s a really weird one.

We signed the contract so it is on us to honor it. Typically the players we sign are so competitive they can’t stand being benched every week but I’m not going to sit here and get all over a player. He’s owed his money and he doesn’t seem to cause any problems behind the scenes. If he wants to play we should accommodate a move and we will need to take a hit on fee most likely but it’s the right thing to do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.