Kalvin Phillips

it really is absurd how much pep has refused to play him.. honestly feels very harsh. crazy how low of an opinion he has on him. his positioning must be horrendous or something.
Generally, for City, it is. He's playing hide and seek when a central defender has the ball. It's as if he's frightened of receiving the ball and making a mistake..... so makes sure he doesn't.

Or trust. Pep is fast becoming a manager who lacks trust in our backup players. Hence KDB playing the last two months with a hamstring problem. Hopefully Foden has given him a little more faith in having trust in them
I'm sure if KDB said he's 100% fit, Pep would take him at his word and play him unless the physios over-ruled him. Most player's want to play. I don't think it's a lack of trust thing generally (and I did say "most" although there have been exceptions for us). Nigel Clough/That bald twat from Leeds Utd.

Mangala showed how poor he was on a very regular basis at City. Negative fan reaction was understandable and, in my opinion, usually well deserved. He simply isn't/wasn't a good footballer.

Bravo had a horrendous start at City and looked like he couldn't save anything on target. Again, negative fan reaction was understandable, but (again imo) perhaps unfair. Pep threw him in and let him struggle... Seemingly, just to show Joe Hart that he was out of the picture. This was the poorest piece of management I'd seen from Pep in his time at City.
I don't think Pep was trying to show Joe Hart anything by continuing to play Bravo.

Hart had left on loan for a while by the time Bravo was obviously struggling. Caballero was the only alternative who he turned to in the end.
Bravo was bought for his distribution and teaching a defence how to play with a goalkeeper who could play out.
It was unfortunate that he lost it a bit with his shot stopping but I don't think there was much poor management involved.

He gets hated for simply smiling. Constantly called a cheerleader. Constantly being told to “get out my club, to fuck off, get rid”. Constantly being called fat. That is hate and has gone way too far imo.
He's not "constantly" called fat - that went away when he sorted himself out, I've never heard him "constantly" or even ever called a cheerleader. The "get rid" etc is an opinion mooted by some fans. Hate is not the word I would use.
I would, however, say that in the face of his City performances, a trade-in or trade-up would be appropriate for the club (and the player). Hate does not come into it imho.

Just been reading Rodri 21/22 thread, starting at the beginning it was an interesting read on how we perceive Pep's thoughts on a player in our opinion.
One comment that raised a smile was " second worse player to Mendy" and some "get rid now" thrown in for good measure.
Think it turned out well in the end for him.
I haven't got an opinion on Phillips making it here or not because he hasn't had a decent run in the team and I really don't watch matches where city are not involved.
Judging him against the Rodri we are seeing now is not possible so far but city don't get it so wrong often and I hope there's a decent player in him, only time will tell.
I get where you're coming from, but Pep clearly trusted Rodri from day one, and gave him the minutes and experience needed to improve his game. We're just not seeing any signs of that with Phillips

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.