Kalvin Phillips

Where i feel Pep lets himself down is by keeping Rodri on the pitch for the full 90 minutes when we are 3 up, There is a perfect opportunity to give Phillips some game time and feel part of the team.
I was shocked that he never started the FA Cup semi against Sheff Utd, if Pep didn't trust him in that game his chances with us were done imo.

It wouldn't really surprise me if he started tomorrow, especially after Rodri's comments, but if he doesn't he might as well leave if he wants to play this season.

I was shocked that he never started the FA Cup semi against Sheff Utd, if Pep didn't trust him in that game his chances with us were done imo.

It wouldn't really surprise me if he started tomorrow, especially after Rodri's comments, but if he doesn't he might as well leave if he wants to play this season.
Community shield never got on was a surprise and being 3-0 up at Burnley not coming on knowing the schedule we had the following week tells you everything

I get where you're coming from, but Pep clearly trusted Rodri from day one, and gave him the minutes and experience needed to improve his game. We're just not seeing any signs of that with Phillips
I agree with you, signs are not there with Kalvin who hasn't been tested properly for whatever reason - not helped with the weight comment which seemed to start the pile on.
I'm not going to fly the flag for him but I find the harshness of criticism rather mean.

Some good points no doubt. Could you elaborate on the "left high and dry by Pep" bit?
They seem to think Pep has influenced the fans perception of Phillips. I don't agree with the view expressed that fans have been gaslit to hate the lad. Most fans think he is a nice chap but perhaps not up to the task. His run in with Pep after the World Cup may have finished his season but we are under no obligation to give him game time if he is struggling badly. Maybe the club expected him to fit in easily and quickly like Kovatic, and to be available for selection/substitution immediately, not after serving an apprenticeship.
A few Leeds fans I have spoken to were not at all upset to see him leave. the general view was that he is over rated on the basis of one good tournament. That would be my view as well. I don't see him breaking into the team even if Rodri picks up a bad injury. He is by all accounts a decent lad and I hope he does well elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.