Kalvin Phillips

I have been thinking this Kalvin thing over. I'm wondering if he is attempting to shield the passing areas between himself and the defensive 3rd when we are in possession.
Attempting to limit the effectiveness of the opponents press close in to the passing lanes of the defensive groups. A bit of pre-emptive obstructive gamesmanship, as it were.
If that's not it then I'm out of ideas.
You are Pep Guardiola and I claim my five pounds.

Cheers seemed very genuine to me. He also looked genuinely very happy when he came across and applauded the fans at the end.
I hope he gets a bit of confidence and can push on from here.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. I suspect he's a confidence player in that an arm around the shoulder is more likely to achieve the desired result than a haranguing by the manager and/or the fans. Whether a player is able to make the grade in a Pep team when perhaps lacking that mental resilience is open to debate. What is unquestionable, however, is his desire to succeed and win over the fans. Hopefully, that will see him through. Otherwise, I didn't think it was possible to feel more proud to be a blue until I heard the positive reception he received yesterday.

I half expected there would be some but I didn't notice any ironic cheers, just support when he came on.

Reactions: CC1
The cheers around me certainly seemed genuine rather than ironic. People want to see him do well, and yesterday was a decent start. He looked lively and knocked the ball around well, and always made himself available. Playing a double pivot will help him, and I think he can still do a job as a squad player. As others have said, he just needs to regain a bit of confidence.

The cheers around me certainly seemed genuine rather than ironic. People want to see him do well, and yesterday was a decent start. He looked lively and knocked the ball around well, and always made himself available. Playing a double pivot will help him, and I think he can still do a job as a squad player. As others have said, he just needs to regain a bit of confidence.
I thought the cheers were genuine too, still irritates me though that once again he got caught in possession right in front of us on the right edge of our box when he was just being too laid back, that’s what drives me mad about him is that he seems too relaxed and not alert enough at times.

I thought the cheers were genuine too, still irritates me though that once again he got caught in possession right in front of us on the right edge of our box when he was just being too laid back, that’s what drives me mad about him is that he seems too relaxed and not alert enough at times.

Cheers, were genuine.

His only error in his short cameo was getting caught on the ball but TBF, I think it was a trickier situation than you suggest. However, it is his movement in terms of winning the ball that have been my main concern with him.

Hopefully, minutes will help him. Great that the crowd got behind him because I think building confidence is a big part of his battle at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.