Kalvin Phillips

I was pleased with the reception he received when he came on for his cameo appearance. I wonder how he felt when Rodri was replaced and he was still benched.
When Bernardo came on for Rodri I bet Phillips thought ‘fucking hell, what do I have to do?’… no way did I think he’d come on later on after Rodri had already been replaced.

Would Pep have brought him on? I reckon that was a Lillo sub.

But just there in that snippet of a chance he was given today, he looked good.

For England in the Euros, when him and Rice were on the pitch together, I felt like Phillips was the better player. For Leeds he was their best player.

The fans know he has backed himself to succeed with us, so there is no point being anything but unwavering in our support of him. It’s not a coincidence that he and Gomez made their first appearances yesterday. The club knows they are here, probably for the season, and will now use them accordingly. Good luck to them both.

I have noticed that Kalvin gravitated close to an apponent player when we have possession. He doesn't try to find space.
Now, I'm not saying I know how he is instructed to play, but glueing himself to an apponent when we have the ball seems counterproductive.
Shirley he needs to be finding space to make himself available to receive a pass?
Stop calling me Shirley!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.