Kalvin Phillips

I thought the cheers were genuine too, still irritates me though that once again he got caught in possession right in front of us on the right edge of our box when he was just being too laid back, that’s what drives me mad about him is that he seems too relaxed and not alert enough at times.

Cheers, were genuine.

His only error in his short cameo was getting caught on the ball but TBF, I think it was a trickier situation than you suggest. However, it is his movement in terms of winning the ball that have been my main concern with him.

Hopefully, minutes will help him. Great that the crowd got behind him because I think building confidence is a big part of his battle at City.

Every subs must be approved by Pep even if he didn't physically in there so if someone implying just because Lillo is the one that give him a chance to play and Pep will not give Philips chance if he actually in sidelines then you will be dead wrong on that.

Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is the right one..

We don't want Cancelo type negativity in our squad.. so have a few minutes in a game that's already over!

Could be wrong but I took it that yesterday every player has had some minutes before the international break ,he did nothing wrong yesterday so no complaints from me

I’ve been very critical of Phillips the last few months and I know the game was done and dusted when he came on but I thought he played well when he came on. So like it or lump it he’s here until January so hopefully he can turn things around and we will all want him to stay come January.

I have noticed that Kalvin gravitated close to an apponent player when we have possession. He doesn't try to find space.
Now, I'm not saying I know how he is instructed to play, but glueing himself to an apponent when we have the ball seems counterproductive.
Shirley he needs to be finding space to make himself available to receive a pass?
It looked like he was placed himself between two of their players and then Bernardo dropped back into space to receive the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.