Kalvin Phillips

Happened a few times lastnight. He lost the ball and didn't even bother too chase it back.. instead just walking.
At least Rico was approximately in the right place to defend unlike our DM who was observing from the edge of the penalty box. Newcastle had 5 vs our back 4 with Guardiol taking himself out of the equation through an early challenge it was 5 vs 3. Really shite defending from the whole team.

He seems to be this era's scapegoat. City fans just love to have one of those. Remember Edghill? Or, back in Fred and Wilma Flintstone's day, big Joe's first spell in goal for us. Has Phillips played well for us since he came? Generally, no. Stevie Wonder can see that. I'm just pretty sure that getting on his back is not going to help.
"So, why did City lose last night?"

Overall performances were a bit below par. There didn't seem to be any desire to...

"KAlvIN pHIlLIpS!!"

Not sure why we’re still getting first season Rodri remarks. Rodri was showing signs of what he was capable of (as did Grealish). Unfortunately Phillips hasn’t shown anything to suggest he’s good enough. The sooner he moves on, the better for all.

Does my head in aswell mate. Its offensive to Rodri. I feel like putting their first season performances on split screen and forcing people to watch it like this see-birdbox.gif

He seems to be this era's scapegoat. City fans just love to have one of those. Remember Edghill? Or, back in Fred and Wilma Flintstone's day, big Joe's first spell in goal for us. Has Phillips played well for us since he came? Generally, no. Stevie Wonder can see that. I'm just pretty sure that getting on his back is not going to help.
Its a football performance forum. Of course folk are going to say what they see. They see Phillips playing badly and say so. Most want him to succeed but bloody hell he isn't helping his cause.

Its a football performance forum. Of course folk are going to say what they see. They see Phillips playing badly and say so. Most want him to succeed but bloody hell he isn't helping his cause.
I don't see him having a future with us. I just don't see how the pile on on him helps matters. Constructive criticism is always welcome; you could even say necessary. But there's a minority (at the moment) of posts on here about him that aren't particularly constructive. Stuff like "he's shit, get rid", or "what a waste of money" don't add much to the discussion, in my opinion. Maybe it's the happy clapper in me!

He seems a good guy, I was desperate for him to do well but he is miles off being a city player. Constantly out of position, a real lack of mobility and doesn’t win the duels to break up play. Other than dead rubbers in Champions League and last 10 mins of games where we are 4-0 up we won’t see him again and I genuinely don’t think any city fan can disagree with this.

Kalvin seems to be out of his depth and like Grealish he's had a shock re the levels demanded by Pep which players such as Doku , Nunes are already closer to.
Living in Leeds I can vouch that he's a lovely bloke but so is the 70yr old bloke over the road who still races pigeons but right now he's as close to a regular place as Kalvin!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.