Kalvin Phillips

No doubt it’s Rico’s fault but why is kalvin strolling instead of bursting his lungs once he lost his man

Both him and Kovacic just stop running after getting beaten, that's not good enough

I watched Kalvin last night, a lot. I thought he did reasonably well. Nothing amazing but pretty steady. THat sounds poor though for a player who doesn't really get a look in doesn't it? Well not exactly.

It's because he doesn't get a look in that makes it harder for him to put his stamp on the game. The other thing is what does pep tell him to do? We want him to smash the defence with a killer pass but does pep? He may tell him to just play short balls and retain possession at all costs.

Anyway. That was 1 start. How can anyone claim that we should get rid after 1 start?

Should we get rid of Grealish too? (I love Jack) but he was shocking last night. Not many players played really well last night. The whole side was a bit "meh"

With a long run of games in a settled team then possibly Phillips might show that he is at our level.

Unfortunately there is no possibility that will happen so all we are left to judge is a player who seems completely bewildered about what he is supposed to do. He might decide that he needs to go out on loan in January but I'm thinking he is more likely to stay until the end of the season. At that point you'd hope that reality finally bites and he accepts that he needs to move on.

I watched Kalvin last night, a lot. I thought he did reasonably well. Nothing amazing but pretty steady. THat sounds poor though for a player who doesn't really get a look in doesn't it? Well not exactly.

It's because he doesn't get a look in that makes it harder for him to put his stamp on the game. The other thing is what does pep tell him to do? We want him to smash the defence with a killer pass but does pep? He may tell him to just play short balls and retain possession at all costs.

Anyway. That was 1 start. How can anyone claim that we should get rid after 1 start?

Should we get rid of Grealish too? (I love Jack) but he was shocking last night. Not many players played really well last night. The whole side was a bit "meh"

Good post. Phillips wasn't bad. It's mostly small-timers who are very harsh on our players. We'd be without both Gundo and Rodri after 19/20 if some fans had a say in our transfer policy. Some wanted to replace Rodri with a better DM even after 20/21. Clueless.

Good post. Phillips wasn't bad. It's mostly small-timers who are very harsh on our players. We'd be without both Gundo and Rodri after 19/20 if some fans had a say in our transfer policy. Some wanted to replace Rodri with a better DM even after 20/21. Clueless.
He seems to be this era's scapegoat. City fans just love to have one of those. Remember Edghill? Or, back in Fred and Wilma Flintstone's day, big Joe's first spell in goal for us. Has Phillips played well for us since he came? Generally, no. Stevie Wonder can see that. I'm just pretty sure that getting on his back is not going to help.

Not sure why we’re still getting first season Rodri remarks. Rodri was showing signs of what he was capable of (as did Grealish). Unfortunately Phillips hasn’t shown anything to suggest he’s good enough. The sooner he moves on, the better for all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.