Kalvin Phillips

The last few pages should give you the answer you are looking for.

Watched his Amazon documentary yesterday,he is a lovely lad.

I watched it on Saturday night and agree. A lovely guy from a humble background who has pushed himself out of his comfort zone in joining us. He seemed really lacking in confidence. I was expecting a bit more swagger from him, but he's a quiet guy who needs the love from the manager and fans and may then settle down. He might just need a goal or a big moment to transform him. It happened with Jack. We all knew he just needed a goal or a match winning display and when it came he settled in and then his doubters saw all the other good things he was doing.

I can't help but feel Kalvin just doesn't fit our style though. He's excellent on the front foot, intercepting and he has a brilliant passing range, but he just doesn't have the ability to dictate the tempo of the game from deep in my opinion. We'll see.

it just looks to me it's as if he doesn't know where he needs to be on the pitch and players just go past him like he's not there then he makes an half arsed jog to catch up, he goes awol all the time, doesn't read the game, no awareness, but apart from that i hear he's not bad on the karaoke and likes a drink

it just looks to me it's as if he doesn't know where he needs to be on the pitch and players just go past him like he's not there then he makes an half arsed jog to catch up, he goes awol all the time, doesn't read the game, no awareness, but apart from that i hear he's not bad on the karaoke and likes a drink
Based on the pics that made the press from his holidays one thing he likes is a beautiful girl. My lord what a pretty lady...

LOL!

I've just read some of the last couple of pages back and then read the John Stones page.

Do any of the high critics remember the vitriol Stones got in his early years at City? The lack of confidence? The mistakes? The ambitious bad passes? The vast injuries??

All the while, loads of posters wanted him gone. Never me and a bunch of others that fought his corner. Personally, I could see the spark in Stones, in order to push forward and play in mid more than I could when posters were calling for Kompany to do so.

I see a spark in the kid and as long as Phillips is here, I back him to rise and be a proper part of the wheel in midfield.

LOL!

I've just read some of the last couple of pages back and then read the John Stones page.

Do any of the high critics remember the vitriol Stones got in his early years at City? The lack of confidence? The mistakes? The ambitious bad passes? The vast injuries??

All the while, loads of posters wanted him gone. Never me and a bunch of others that fought his corner. Personally, I could see the spark in Stones, in order to push forward and play in mid more than I could when posters were calling for Kompany to do so.

I see a spark in the kid and as long as Phillips is here, I back him to rise and be a proper part of the wheel in midfield.
Stones was 22 when we signed him and we priced in that he'd take a few years to settle and he'd peak in his late 20s. Forget voices on a forum, Pep and the club always knew that was the plan. Saying Stones needed time is like saying Alvarez will need time.

Kalvin, on the other hand, is 27: he ain't a kid. He's only a few years younger than Mateo Kovačić who we've signed as a wise old pro who won't need time to settle.

If he wants a career here he needs to kick on now. I've said elsewhere, I think it would be best for all concerned if we treat this season like his first one, and settle for glimpses of a player he could become next year, but he hasn't got time to develop slowly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.